Ministry Services Director
Ministry Services Director
St. Catharines, Ontario
Southridge Community Church is seeking a Ministry Services Director—a senior leadership position dedicated to the operational and business-oriented functions of the church.
Our church exists to foster a lifestyle of full devotion to Jesus Christ that shares His love across the Niagara Region. As a multi-site community with three locations (St. Catharines, Welland and Vineland), where each is most defined by its missional “Anchor Cause” of compassion and justice (including the largest homeless shelter in the Niagara Region), the Ministry Services Director role at Southridge is critical to our overall stability, health and growth as a church.
The role of the Ministry Services Director at Southridge is to oversee and grow the departmental team of staff leaders in the Ministry Services department, who in turn provide leadership to each of the main infrastructural supports of our ministry—including areas like: Finance, HR, Facility Management, IT & Tech Support, and Communications. The primary responsibilities of the role would be to drive the operational effectiveness of the church, growing our capacity to not only effectively serve and support all ministry areas across all locations, but also to effectively prepare and respond to expansion and growth opportunities as well.
The church is looking for a spiritually-mature, vision-driven, results-oriented, relationally strong leader—specifically with business acumen—who can support collaborative strategies through a team of staff leaders. They must be an effective communicator who can instill trust within a wide range of stakeholders. This is a Southridge Leadership Team position reporting directly to the Lead Pastor, so the Ministry Services Director must be a strong collaborator in order to integrate the values of operational excellence throughout all facets of the church. Previous experience and related education in business-related fields (such as construction, finance, HR, etc.) would be a considerable asset.
A job description summarizing the main areas of responsibility is attached. Interested applicants should send their resume with a cover letter to Kathy Van Driel, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted for the interview process.
Southridge is a certified “Best Christian Workplace” committed to a flourishing workplace culture and eager to enhance our team through the leadership of a new Ministry Services Director.
Ministry Responsibility Summary
Team & Leadership Development
- Provide supervisory support and performance management for Ministry Services department staff:
- Reception & Administration
- Finance & HR
- Facility Management
- IT & Tech Support
- Foster team cohesion and collaboration among Ministry Services team members by integrating Ministry Services with all other ministries
- Represent Ministry Services on the church’s Leadership Team, advocating for the values of Ministry Services in the overall mission of the church
- Serve as a Leadership Team ambassador in your home Location, supporting the Location Pastor with:
- General church leadership
- Crisis management
- Location-specific staff team development
Expanding Capacity & Infrastructure
- Drive facility expansion & construction projects related to new launches or renovations
- Support all financial campaigns and develop improved stewardship strategies
- Research & develop new funding streams and partnerships (including government partnerships, grant applications, foundation relations, etc.)
- Facilitate all operational requirements associated with new program launches
- Facilitate ministry and location- wide input and collaboration regarding prospective operational improvements
Operational Excellence & Compliance
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all operational systems (particularly identifying missing, under- developed and/or ineffective systems) and develop strategies for improvement and upgrade
- Regularly review all legislative requirements related to church activities (e.g. employment standards, charitable status, accessibility, etc.) to ensure compliance
- Regularly refresh communications initiatives and brand positioning
- Support church-wide volunteer mobilization by establishing effective HR systems for a volunteer-intensive organization
- Increase task efficiency and effectiveness while growing a “Here to Serve” heart in your team
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8804 ]