Ministry Services Director
Ministry Services Director
St. Catharines, Ontario
About Southridge Community Church
Our church exists to foster a lifestyle of full devotion to Jesus Christ that shares His love across the Niagara Region. As a multi-site community with three locations (St. Catharines, Welland and Vineland), where each is most defined by its missional “Anchor Cause” of compassion and justice (including the largest homeless shelter in the Niagara Region).
The role of the Ministry Services Director is a senior leadership position dedicated to the operational and business-oriented functions of the church.
The role of the Ministry Services Director is to oversee and grow the departmental team of staff leaders in the Ministry Services department, who in turn provide leadership to each of the main infrastructural supports of our ministry—including areas like: Finance, HR, Facility Management, IT & Tech Support, and Communications. The primary responsibilities of the role would be to drive the operational effectiveness of the church, growing our capacity to not only effectively serve and support all ministry areas across all locations, but also to effectively prepare and respond to expansion and growth opportunities as well.
The church is looking for a spiritually-mature, vision-driven, results-oriented, relationally strong leader—specifically with business acumen—who can support collaborative strategies through a team of staff leaders. They must be an effective communicator who can instill trust within a wide range of stakeholders. This is a Southridge Leadership Team position reporting directly to the Lead Pastor, so the Ministry Services Director must be a strong collaborator in order to integrate the values of operational excellence throughout all facets of the church. Previous experience and related education in business-related fields (such as construction, finance, HR, etc.) would be a considerable asset.
Team & Leadership Development:
- Provide supervisory support and performance management for Ministry Services department staff:
- Finance & HR
- Facility Management
- IT & Tech Support
- Foster team cohesion and collaboration among Ministry Services team members by integrating Ministry Services with all other
- Represent Ministry Services on the church’s Leadership Team, advocating for the values of Ministry Services in the overall mission of the church
- Serve as a Leadership Team ambassador in your home Location, supporting the Location Pastor with:
- General church leadership
- Crisis management
- Location-specific staff team development
Operational Excellence & Compliance:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all operational systems (particularly identifying missing, under-developed and/or ineffective systems) and develop strategies for improvement and upgrade
- Regular review all legislative requirements related to church activities (eg. Employment standards, charitable status, accessibility etc.) to ensure compliance
- Regularly refresh communications initiatives and brand positioning
- Support church-wide volunteer mobilization by establishing effective HR systems for a volunteer-intensive organization
- Increase task efficiency and effectiveness while growing a “Here to Serve” heart in your team
Expanding Capacity & Infrastructure:
- Drive facility expansion & construction projects related to new launches or renovations
- Support all financial campaigns and develop improved stewardship strategies
- Research & develop new funding streams and partnerships (including government partnerships, grant applications, foundation relations, etc.)
- Facilitate all operational requirements associated with new program launches
- Facilitate ministry and location-wide input and collaboration regarding prospective operational improvements
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Director of Finance & Human Resources
- Communications Director
- I/T Director
- Facility Director
What We Offer
Southridge is a certified “Best Christian Workplace” committed to a flourishing workplace culture.
Compensation: Salary starting at $55,195.43 - $63,687.04.
We offer a competitive benefits plan and RRSP matching program.
We believe that the body of Christ is unified when each of us is encouraged, recognized, and able to serve out of our gifts, and that the church is at its best when church leadership represents the communities in which we serve. At Southridge, we want to do better. We strongly encourage women and men, and people of all ethnicities and abilities who love Jesus and are aligned with our vision and values, to consider applying for a staff role.
We strive to achieve equality in the workplace, which means no one will be denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to fit for a role. We also understand employment equity means more than treating individuals in the same way but requires special measures and the accommodation of differences. In this way, we are following Jesus in our hiring practices to create a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the body of Christ
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8804 ]