First Impressions Director
First Impressions Director
St. Catharines, Ontario
Imagine what the world would look like if every single human felt belonging...Focusing on the importance of belonging is essential to our existence and survival as a species. It’s more apparent now than ever. Belonging might seem like an afterthought to so many of the problems we face today, but it’s actually critical to solving each and every one of them.
Radha Agrawal, “Belong”
Southridge Community Church is looking for someone who gets out of bed to create a sense of belonging and has the ability to lead and direct a large network of volunteers to make it happen.
Our church exists to foster a lifestyle of full devotion to Jesus, sharing his love throughout the Niagara Region. As a multi-site community with three locations (St. Catharines, Welland and Vineland), each defined by its missional Anchor Cause of compassion and justice, the First Impressions Director is critical to creating welcome and belonging in a way that invites the broader community into this way of life.
The role of the First Impressions Director at Southridge is to lead and direct the activities of our First Impressions Teams who primarily serve within our weekly Sunday gatherings. The job of the Director is to establish and equip volunteer leaders for each Southridge location, who then establish and equip volunteer teams for each area of ministry. These teams include greeters, ushers, parking attendants, café service, welcome centre, first response, etc.
Our First Impressions Ministry was built on the values of attentiveness, availability, approachability, belonging, and warmth. The Director of these ministries and activities needs to embody and exude these values and be able to inspire and equip others to do the same.
As with any of our staff roles, we’re looking for someone with Character that pursues Christ, Competency to do the job, Chemistry that gels with our staff, and a solid fit with our Culture.
A strong mix of relational and administrative strength is key, as well as a manager mindset that is motivated to make an impact through others – primarily, volunteers. Inspiring, coaching, recruiting, and caring for volunteers within the First Impressions Teams is the most prominent part of the job. A detailed job description of this half-time salaried position is attached.
If this job description inspires you and feels like it taps into your strengths, please send a letter of interest as well as a resumé of qualification to Jeff Martens, Connection Pastor, at ;email@example.com.
Southridge is a certified “Best Christian Workplace” committed to a flourishing culture. We’re eager to enhance our team through the contribution of a new First Impressions Director.
Envision & Empower
- Champion the vision and values of the ministry among ministry leaders, volunteers, and staff members
- Continually innovate new ideas and approaches to living out values across teams and locations
- Inspire and empower leaders to take a high degree of ownership and responsibility for their ministry area
- Communicate regularly and effectively with ministry leaders and volunteers
- Oversee all areas and teams of First Impressions Ministry, including: parking lot, greeters, café, ushers, first response, welcome centre, etc.
Involve & Equip
- Build relationships with community and new comers to help identify serving opportunities based on strength and fit
- Support FIM leaders to invite, involve, and equip new volunteers
- Coordinate regular training opportunities for ministry leaders and volunteers
- Ensure appropriate and effective scheduling and equipping is happening for all volunteer teams through volunteer leaders
Collaborate & Connect
- Work closely with Location Pastors to ensure ministries and teams are running effectively
- Work closely with Connection Director to ensure new guests are being connected and first-serve volunteers are being recruited
- Support Connection Team with connection events and experiences
- Support Inspiration Team & Ministry Services Team with occasional events
- Work with Ministry Services Team & Special Needs Team to continually enhance accessibility for all guests
Spiritual Gifts & Strengths
- Leadership – The ability to cast vision, motivate, and direct people to harmoniously accomplish a purpose. People with this gift present the “big picture” for others to see, take responsibility and establish goals, and motivate others to perform to the best of their ability.
- Administration – The ability to understand what makes an organization function, and to plan and execute procedures that accomplish the goals of the ministry. People with this gift assist ministries to become more effective and efficient, create order out of organizational chaos, and organize people, tasks or events.
- Woo – People strong in the Woo theme love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. They derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person.
- Arranger – People strong in the Arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
- Positivity – People strong in the Positivity theme have an enthusiasm that is contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do.
- Maximizer – People strong in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8805 ]