Scarborough, Ontario , M1V 2W6
Shepherd about 50 congregants of diverse age groups (mostly youth, young families and adults) in the English Division, predominantly of Chinese origin with some from other ethnic groups.
Overview of Community and Church
Currently the church has a team of 1 pastoral staff and 1 youth worker and 1 administrative assistant and 150+ congregants across the Cantonese and English congregations. The church building is situated at Finch & Brimley in Scarborough (Toronto).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong preaching and teaching background in accord with sound doctrine in an evangelical setting
- With calling from God and strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
- Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
- Collaborate with the senior pastor and church leadership for ministry alignment and church unity
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in pulpit ministry, teaching ministry and prayer ministry
- Be involved in general pastoral duties and the development of the English Congregation
- Work with church leadership to recruit, train, coach and nurture related ministry leaders and potential ones
- Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group leaders, visit groups regularly and offer them support and resource
- Provide support, visitation and pastoral counselling to related leaders and members as needed
- Attend meetings of related ministry including Pastoral Staff Meeting, Council meeting, Members’ meeting, English Ministry Committee meeting etc. as required
- Support the congregation to engage in outreach activities and continue to develop local connections to serve community
Applications are received at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8806 ]