Markham, Ontario , L3R 5L9
As a business professional you want to provide solutions tailored to a client’s specific needs. Valuing every client relationship, you strive to provide the service, advice and resources to help organizations and businesses succeed.
In a profession where personal relationships are what make the difference, you take the time to understand your clients and to stay involved to create a lasting connection. You provide the personal attention your clients deserve.
Our client offers the personal attention of a local firm with the reputation and credentials of a national firm. They depend on their team of professionals to continually serve their clients and are always interested in meeting highly motivated professionals who are interested in a career with their organization.
Our client, a full-service CPA firm located in York Region (Greater Toronto Area), has been in business for over 50 years. Employing over 50 people, the Firm is built on the core values of integrity, teamwork, leadership and excellence.
Through a combination of well-integrated services and specialized sector expertise, they serve the diverse needs of many charities, including faith-based organizations, and small to mid-sized owner-managed businesses at every stage in their business life cycle.
They are seeking trustworthy professionals who work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively to join their team. This is a great opportunity for a developing accountant to use and build upon their experience! The position offers significant opportunities for growth, in both compensation and accounting skill development.
- Provide clerical and administrative support
- Full-cycle accounting including data entry, journal entries, A/R and A/P
- Perform monthly reconciliations including bank accounts and credit cards
- Government reporting (GST/HST, payroll, WSIB, EHT)
- Prepare Personal Income Tax returns
- Provide support to clients as required
- Preparing fiscal year-end working papers
- Preparing corporate income tax returns
- Other administrative duties and projects as required
The Successful Candidate
- Some accounting experience
- Honesty, integrity, promptness and ethical behaviour are a must
- Passionate about continuous learning and working with people and numbers
- Knowledge and/or interest in working with charitable organizations is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to be an integral part of a healthy team environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment as an individual contributor and team-oriented collaborator
- Professional in demeanour with superior written and oral English communication skills
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to manage conflicting priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A high level of accuracy and strong attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of QuickBooks would be an asset
Information to Note Before Applying
- All candidates chosen for interviews with the client must:
- Provide their educational transcripts in advance
- Undergo a timed (one-hour / six questions) accounting test
- Have submitted a written response to the online application questions
- Compensation Hiring Range: $40,000 - $50,000
(Commensurate with experience & reviewed annually based on performance)
- Group Benefits package and RSP plan with company-matching is also available.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8813 ]