Campus Pastor – Mayfield West Campus
Campus Pastor – Mayfield West Campus
Mississauga, Ontario , L5N 2M2
To lead, grow and eventually multiply our Mayfield West Campus (located in Northern Brampton/Caledon) by hosting Sunday services, overseeing discipleship and small group ministry, mobilizing church members to creatively reach out into the community, and developing leaders.
Renew Church is a theologically conservative, methodologically progressive multi-site church in the western Greater Toronto Area. We are a small but dynamic church, currently consisting of 4 campuses with a total attendance of under 500. Our church grows through a combination of attractional services and missional teamwork. We are part of the Charis Fellowship of churches.
We help people find new faith, new focus, and new frontiers in Jesus.
Dependence: We need the Spirit of God for everything and we look to Him constantly.
Mission: We work together to help people discover and follow Jesus.
Scripture: We are grounded in the Bible and submit to its authority.
Awareness: We take an interest in the culture around us and engage it.
Grace: We believe people are transformed by Jesus, God’s Word, and love—not rules.
Forgiveness: We are committed to forgiveness, healing and restoration because Jesus forgave us.
Sincerity: We believe life change happens when we risk being real with each other.
Communitas: We experience powerful community by making huge sacrifices together.
- Jesus-centered life (1 Tim 3:1-13)
- Humble/teachable/coachable (Philippians 2:1-4)
- Committed to the mission, vision, values, model and doctrine of Renew Church
- Strong in leadership, able to communicate, passionate about reaching the unchurched
- Team player
- Excels in a multicultural environment
- To serve under the Lead Pastor and implement Renew’s vision at their campus, operating within Renew’s vision, values and doctrinal positions.
- To run Sunday services for their campus, including all set-up and tear-down. Organizing all volunteers and ministry leaders to host a welcoming and excellent experience. Working effectively through volunteers to accomplish this task.
- To ensure that discipleship is happening effectively at their campus, mainly by working through volunteer missional community (Renew Group) leaders who are ensuring that people are moving through our detailed discipleship system.
- To participate in preaching and teaching, and in the creative, collaborative process of preparing our sermon series. (Campus Pastors speak live up to 50% of the time at their campus, with the remaining being done over video.)
- To ensure that evangelism is happening effectively at their campus, mainly by working through Renew Group leaders who lead their people in living missionally in their community.
- To manage the budget for their campus.
- To participate in weekly meetings (pastoral, staff and creative) with staff from all of our campuses.
- To lead and grow the staff (mostly volunteer) at their own campus.
- To mentor and equip leaders who can run and multiply the ministry.
(Note: These responsibilities have had to be adjusted during the pandemic.)
Full or part-time possibilities.
- Health benefits
- Ministry expense fund
- Paid vacation time
- 3 month sabbatical every 7 years
Education & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Bible/Theology preferred
- 2 years of experience in pastoral ministry or high level of lay church involvement
- Proven marketplace leaders who are willing to get Bible training are welcome to apply
- Opportunities for continuing education
- Offices located at 31-6535 Millcreek Drive in Mississauga, ON
- Campus currently meeting at Southfields Village PS, 110 Learmont Ave, Caledon, ON
- Renew Church is willing to cover costs of relocating to the Mayfield West community
Interested parties are asked to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and to include a letter of interest along with an up-to-date resume. Renew Church will be receiving applications until June 18, 2021.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8818 ]