Summer Store Assistant
Summer Store Assistant
Oshawa, Ontario , l1g4x4
The Mission Thrift Store in Oshawa is hiring Summer Students.
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian organization with over 52 stores operating across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and the Bible League of Canada. These funds are used to establish Literacy Programming, Provide church planting training, children’s programming, and to distribute Christian material (bibles), in more than 40 countries around the world. The Stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Oshawa is currently seeking Temporary Summer Students, under the Canada Summer Student Job Program.
The Summer Students will report directly to the Manager, Assistant Manager or a designated Team Lead; as each shift requires.
- Receive, inspect, sort and organize donated items (quality control)
- Communication with colleagues, managers and team leads
- Pricing, merchandizing, and general retail store duties.
- Cashier, CSR roles.
- Volunteer experience, and experience working with a wide variety of other volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to handle a fast-pace, changing environment.
- An ability to physically lift items, and to rationally handle those items.
- Excellent verbal communication; professional, courteous and respectful.
- Displays a high level of trustworthiness and integrity.
- A “can-do attitude”, and willingness to try and to learn.
- Must be enrolled in an education program, September 2021.
Working Conditions and Salary Expectations
The contract will be for 10 weeks, at 35 hours per week. The salary will be $14.25 per hour as per the Summer Student Program. The individual will be required to work every other Saturday as per the store schedule and as per the scheduling by the Store Manager. Anticipated start date would be June 7 or June 14.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help advance the purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada), we look forward to reading your CV/Resume. Please submit your resume to Chris at Oshawa@missionthriftstore.com. Only those granted an interview will be notified. This posting will be held until suitable candidates are found.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 8819 ]