Volunteer Board Member
Volunteer Board Member
Volunteer Board Members needed at Mission Thrift Store Burlington BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national organization with over 50 thrift stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and distributes Bibles in 40 countries around the world. The stores operate primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Store Burlington is currently seeking Volunteer Board Members who understand and support the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). Board Members are responsible for board governance, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and bylaws, conducting board business effectively and efficiently and holding overall accountability for the organization. Board Members will be relied upon to assist with business development duties, including the creation of suitable and beneficial partnerships and assessing the Mission Thrift Store.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in community relations and relationship building, generally
- Ability to build relationships and work with volunteers, staff and community members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles.
- Organizational, strategic planning and implementation skills
- Experience in marketing, human resources, real estate, property management, insurance, or business management would be considered an asset.
Board Members will be expected to attend monthly/bi-monthly board meetings, Volunteer Appreciation events, Annual General Meetings. Board Members may be assigned positions that will take up extra time (Secretary, Treasurer, Chair or Vice Chair). Board Members may be asked to attend the BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference as a Voting Delegate in May, typically in London, Ontario.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of Mission Thrift Store Burlington, we look forward to hearing from you! Please email your volunteer board member application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BFM (Burlington) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8848 ]