Children's Ministry Director - Tenth Evening
Children's Ministry Director - Tenth Evening
Vancouver, British Columbia , V5Y 1R5
The Children’s Ministry Director will work to create a safe, worshipful, and engaging environment for children (newborn to Grade 5) to learn and grow in faith. This role will also work to support and partner with parents in helping to raise lifelong followers of Christ. The Director will work to recruit, train, and equip teachers and helpers to participate in these learning environments.
Position: Part-Time (16 hours/week)
Working Relationships: Reports to the Tenth Evening Site Pastor, is a member of the Tenth Evening Team, and is supported by the Pastor of Children’s Ministry and Tenth Kids Team.
- Leads Tenth Evening Children’s Ministry:
- Oversees, trains, and equips Children’s Ministry teachers/helpers.
- Works to integrate curriculum for the Site.
- Attends all Tenth Evening’s Sunday services (at least 48 Sundays/year).
- Observes, identifies, and invites potential lay leaders from the site to serve in Children's Ministry.
- Reviews weekly curriculum customized for the site, makes any additional adjustments, and liaises with the Coordinator of Curriculum Integration to ensure all materials and resources are sourced and available to teach weekly lessons.
- Communicates with teachers/helpers to ensure they understand the upcoming curriculum and are ready to teach each week.
- Teaches classes as required.
- Manages the teacher/helper schedule for the Site.
- Ensures safety standards are implemented and maintained as prescribed in Plan to Protect*.
- Spends 30-40% of hours weekly connecting relationally and pastorally with Evening’s children, parents, and leaders outside Sunday service:
- Checks in with Children's Ministry teachers/helpers to see how they are doing and to identify opportunities for further growth, encouragement, or support.
- Connects with parents on Sundays (when in-person) and occasional one-on-one check-ins.
- Intentionally welcomes new families into our community through phone calls, emails, coffees, and other relational opportunities.
- Participates in Tenth Evening events to connect with children, their families, and caregivers.
- Works to make connections with future teachers/helpers.
- Directs high crisis pastoral issues to the Site Pastor and the Pastor of Children’s Ministry.
- Supports Tenth Kids Central Support initiatives at the site level (at-home integration, parent equipping, and events):
- Includes at-home integration, parent equipping, and events.
- Sends weekly communications/newsletters to parents regarding the Sunday lesson and Activity Box integration using templates provided by Tenth Kids Central Support.
- Participates in teaching videos on rotation in fun segments to build a point of connection with children who attend on Sundays and those who do not, using the provided scripts from Central Support on scheduled recording days.
- Attends and participates in the delivery of components as appropriate of parent resourcing, equipping events and activities as well as churchwide children's events and site retreats using created content provided by Central Support with Site approval.
- Communicates to Pastor of Children's Ministry about needs for curriculum, parent support resources or suggestions for events that reflect issues or opportunities identified at the site level.
- Spends a maximum of 20% of monthly work hours in recurring staff meetings:
- Attends weekly Tenth Evening Staff Meetings.
- Participates in bi-weekly Tenth Kids Meetings.
- Joins once a month Tenth-wide Staff Meetings.
Required Skills and Experience
- Family Ministries Diploma/Degree, Early Childhood Education Certificate, Bachelor of Education, or significant work experience with children.
- Diploma of Christian Studies or theological education an asset.
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office); Planning Centre Online knowledge an asset.
- Possess an authentic, growing faith in Christ.
- Spiritual maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
- Has a heart to work with children, families, and leaders of varied social-economic, ethnic, and spiritual backgrounds.
- Must be responsible and able to carry out duties with minimum supervision.
- Can articulate sound theology and philosophy of ministry.
- Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people.
- Can translate vision and strategy into action.
- Committed to attending Tenth Church site if hired.
Tenth Church Vision
We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Tenth Family Ministries Vision
Partnering with parents to see the next generation become lifelong followers of Christ.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 8852 ]