Delta , British Columbia , V4M 2A5
Reports To: Lead Pastor
At Tsawwassen Alliance Church (TAC) we aspire to be passionate and intentional in reaching out to South Delta with the hope of the Gospel, and we are looking for a NextGen Pastor to help us accomplish this vision. We believe that one of the most effective ways to reach people with the Gospel is through a biblically faithful, gospel-centred, and culturally relevant ministry to kids, students and their parents.
As the NextGen Pastor at TAC your role is to provide leadership, vision, and strategy to our TAC kids and TAC student ministries. As the Next Gen Pastor, you will work with our existing team of volunteer leaders to help kids and students find and follow Jesus. In anticipation of growth, it is our hope that this role will eventually require additional support staff to provide leadership over our kids and student ministries. In light of this, we are looking for a leader than can help us grow and who can also envision themselves having staff under them in the future.
In our search for a NextGen Pastor we are seeking someone who possess the following characteristics to some degree:
- Team builder (ability to identify, recruit, train, and deploy leaders)
- Big picture thinker (ability to work ‘on the church’ and not just ‘in the church’)
- Strategic and practical planning and organization
- Creative & innovative
- Outreach focused
- Capable of casting and imparting vision
- People oriented
- Tech skills and the ability to consider new digital solutions for ongoing improvements
Spiritual: The Candidate must be a growing follower of Jesus Christ with a strong sense of calling to ministry. He must meet the qualifications of church leadership spelled out in 1 Timothy, Titus 1, and 1 Peter. If married, his family and social life must seek to reflect Christ.
Educational: It is preferred that the Candidate have a degree with a strong emphasis in Biblical/Theological studies.
Theological: The Candidate adheres to the C&MA Statement of Faith. Must be a Complementarian and Reformed in doctrine.
Experience: It is preferred that the Candidate have previous full-time Christian ministry experience with kids, students, or as a NextGen/Family Pastor.
Areas of Responsibility
TAC Kids (approx. 40% of time/energy)
- Develop and cast the vision of our kid’s ministry (Nursery-Grade 7) in accordance with TAC’s overall goals, vision, and strategies.
- Develop the strategy for implementing the vision.
- Provide pastoral, strategic, and organizational leadership to volunteers.
- Provide active recruitment, retention, training, scheduling and care of volunteers.
- Acquire supplies and curriculum for TAC Kids.
- Oversee the weekend kids programming and provide age-appropriate
- environments for kids that are exciting and upbeat, with clear content and high-energy worship experiences.
- Identify and recruit a Director of TAC Kids to assist you in providing overall leadership of the kid’s ministry.
- Develop ministry branding.
- Work with Pastoral and Administrative staff to implement a church wide database
- that enables us to modernize processes in all aspects of ministry.
- Ensure that guests attending our services or events are followed up on.
- Serve as the point leader for family-oriented community outreach events
- throughout the year.
- Develop strong parental partnering relationships, providing resources for parents
- to equip their families in growing relationships with Jesus.
- Oversee the budget for TAC Kids.
- Manage our Plan to Protect policy to insure the safety of our kids.
TAC Student Ministry (approx. 50% of time/energy)
- Develop and cast the vision of our student ministry (Grades 8-12) in accordance with TAC’s overall goals, vision, and strategies.
- Develop the strategy for implementing the vision.
- Lead, recruit, and equip volunteers to oversee programming and special events
- for TAC Students. This includes the weekly Student gathering on Wednesday nights.
- Identify and recruit a Director of TAC Students to assist you in providing overall leadership of the student ministry.
- Oversee all week-to-week operations of student ministry to invite students to discover Jesus. This includes oversight and active involvement in weekend student services, midweek programming, events, mission trips, summer camps, and small groups.
- Plan a fun, busy and evangelistic summer for TAC Students.
- Maintain an effective process for helping students understand and respond to important faith milestones (milestone events, decision to follow Jesus, baptism, etc.).
- Develop the leadership of TAC Students.
- Acquire curriculum for TAC Students that ensures students are taught the Word
- of God, basic Christian beliefs, apologetics and evangelism.
- Develop student ministry branding.
- Be intentional about being an outreach focused ministry. (i.e., evangelistic events, where possible establish a presence schools in order to support current
- TAC students and reach others).
- Oversee the budget for TAC Student ministries.
- Develop strong parental partnering relationships, providing resources for parents to equip their families in growing relationships with Jesus.
- Manage our Plan to Protect policy to insure the safety of our students.
General Pastoral Ministry: (approx. 10% of time/energy)
- Occasional preaching & teaching.
- Occasional Sunday service involvement.
- General attendance, participation and support of TAC worship services, events and community life.
- Build relationships in church and provide pastoral care if needed (weddings, funerals, visitation, and counseling).
- Enthusiastically embrace the vision, mission, values and culture of TAC Church.
- This person will be required to adhere to the TAC Lifestyle Covenant and to be in agreement with the Statement of Faith of the C&MA.
- Be willing to have a background check done.
- Be willing to be licensed with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
Hire Date: Summer/Fall 2021
Final Date to Apply: June 30, 2021
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, personal testimony and philosophy of ministry to Pastor Cory Anderson at email@example.com.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8853 ]