Assistant Technical Director
Assistant Technical Director
Vancouver, British Columbia , V5Y 1R5
The Assistant Technical Director oversees the operational side of technical support for all online services and in-person gatherings church-wide. The Assistant Technical Director assists the Technical Director (TD) with systems maintenance, designs, upgrades, and projects.
Position: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Working Relationships: Reports to the Technical Director and works closely with the Worship and Arts team and Facilities team.
- Provides oversight of audio, lighting, and video systems church-wide.
- Mixes front-of-house audio and creates multitrack recordings for most events at the Mount Pleasant location.
- Runs rehearsal tech support, including stage setup, audio patching, and session file programming for the online service, in-person gatherings, and special events.
- Oversees lighting programming for sermon series and as needed for different band lineups and events.
- Liaises with the Technical Coordinator to build relationships and care for volunteers and facilitates volunteer scheduling.
- Provides and coordinates regular training in systems operation to volunteers for all sites and coordinates the training process.
- Creates and maintains documentation for systems and processes as they evolve.
- Manages the backstage and storage areas as well as equipment inventory and keeps things tidy and organized.
- Provides troubleshooting for all technical issues.
- Collaboratively assists in the recruitment of new volunteers for all technical support roles.
- Works with TD to assess technical needs and research/design solutions.
- Mixes post-production audio for the online service as needed and as capacity allows.
- Advises the worship pastors in the purchase of instruments and matters pertinent to the post-production process (online service), such as stage plot and lineup for services and events.
Required Experience, Skills, & Key Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable education in a production field, preferably audio engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in live mixing audio in a paid position.
- Experience mixing music of various genres, including choir music. Preferably the applicant is also an accomplished musician.
- Experience in post-production (multitrack) mixing.
- Strong knowledge and experience in other production fields, namely, theatrical lighting, broadcast video, and production infrastructure (particularly Dante and network infrastructure).
- Well-versed in Logic Pro (or another DAW), Obsidian Onyx (or another lighting controller), Dante Controller, Shure Wireless Suite, and ProPresenter.
- Working knowledge of Planning Center Online and other software used in production.
- Comfortable setting up and handling production equipment.
- Strong administrative skills: organized, strategic, good planner, and able to handle complex logistics.
- Self-directed with strong prioritization skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills: oral and written.
- Possess an authentic, growing faith in Christ and spiritual maturity.
- Works well with others. Provides a friendly, welcoming, and unifying atmosphere for volunteers.
- Teachable attitude and a helpful spirit.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 8854 ]