Executive Lead Pastor
Executive Lead Pastor
London, Ontario , N5X 4A3
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of North Park Community Church.
North Park Community Church (NPCC) is a multi-cultural, multi-generational church with three distinct campuses, one Chinese/Mandarin service and a growing on-line community. We are seeking an Executive Lead Pastor who has a passion for Jesus and a love for people, is a prayerful and Spirit-led leader of leaders who will inspire innovative vision and move North Park forward in a united direction.
As the Executive Lead Pastor you will mentor and oversee the Senior Leadership Team in a collaborative and transparent leadership style. You will disciple others and in the process, develop and raise up new leaders, recast vision and stir up commitment to Jesus and His kingdom.
The Executive Lead Pastor has overall responsibility for developing and directing the various ministries, operations, finances and human resources functions of NPCC. The position has responsibility for the mission, vision, strategy and overall leadership of the church and reports to The Board of Elders, as a non-voting member of the Board. The Senior Leadership Team reports to the Executive Lead Pastor, who fosters a collaborative and empowered team approach to the overall ministries of NPCC.
As a leader of leaders, the Executive Lead Pastor possesses and demonstrates a mature, humble, and deep, centred relationship with Jesus, a love for people, and expresses a committed plan for personal spiritual growth as aligned with NPCC’s vision, mission, and values. The Executive Lead Pastor is passionate about living out their Christian faith, beliefs and values while utilizing their God-given gifts and abilities to serve God, the staff and the congregation at NPCC.
- Collaboratively initiate, develop and steward a shared vision for the overall direction and mission of NPCC and communicate the vision to effectively motivate the church leadership, staff and congregation. In partnership with the Board of Elders, communicate and operationalize the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of NPCC.
- Oversee the Senior Leadership Pastoral Team, to establish goals, policies, and procedures for all NPCC ministries, operations, finance and human resource functions, and to provide ongoing leadership training, development, coaching and support.
- Oversee and manage overall operational plans and financial budgets; and monitor progress to achieve strategic goals. Attend and provide updates at Board of Elders meetings.
- Dedicated to racial and cultural diversity within the church body, and in future hiring to build on existing staff and volunteer teams of men and women leaders.
- Implement an effective management structure recognizing and delegating responsibilities to ensure excellence in all aspects of ministries and operations. Oversee succession plans for all key roles and invest in development of identified successors to prepare them for next roles.
- Work with the pastoral team to inspire and enable them to envision and put into practice innovative, evangelistic outreach programming and partnerships in multiple sites/campuses. Ensure the development of in-house, organizational efficiencies including the optimization of the organizational structure.
- Share the preaching and teaching responsibilities (approximately 25%) within the team-teaching model at NPCC and teach the Word of God in a sensitive and relevant manner. Direct and watch over the various collective ministries and, with the Elders, maintain the biblical and doctrinal integrity of the church.
- Set the spiritual tone through your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray regularly for the church family, staff and leadership and all areas of ministry. Provide spiritual guidance, instruction and counsel as needed in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Lead as a servant leader and consensus builder who will form, equip and lead teams of leaders in a humble and collaborative manner to achieve ‘buy-in’ from the teams and drive strong alignment, unity and trust.
- Commit to sustaining and growing NPCC’s solid financial base in order to further God’s Kingdom.
- Advance the development and growth of NPCC and its digital strategy (online engagement and social media plan) with the understanding that hybrid programming is an essential part of current and future local and global evangelism.
- Partner with the Board of Elders to ensure all legal and regulatory obligations for NPCC are met and employees abide by NPCC Pastoral Team Handbook. Act as a key public relations representative for NPCC.
- Masters or Doctorate in Theology/Biblical Studies.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in church ministries.
- Executive organizational skills and expertise.
- Demonstrated success leading multiple staff within a growing multi-generational and multi-cultural church with satellite campuses.
- Gifted in biblical preaching and teaching with a mature understanding of the scriptures.
- A creative and strategic thinker with a proven ability to develop strategic plans, problem solve and innovate, within a team environment.
- Demonstrated collegial and servant leadership.
- A clear communicator, capable of effective delegation, and the building of strong interpersonal relationships.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, values and Statement of Faith of NPCC.
- Demonstrated clear commitment and personal loyalty to Jesus Christ, exhibiting consistent spiritual maturity and moral character.
- Demonstrated success in evangelistic ministry growth and the growth of the young family ministry.
- Ability to engage new congregant sectors as well as sustain and enrich the faith life of current congregants.
- Strong understanding of Board Governance.
Location: London, ON
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8878 ]