As a Christ follower, do you love sharing the good news of the gospel? Do you love chatting with new people and building relationships? Are you excited by the opportunity to actively participate in our aggressive growth plans in order to see God’s Word placed in the hands of people in Canada and all around the world? If you have answered yes to these questions and you want to be part of a fast-paced growing ministry - we would love to meet you to explore the opportunity we have available.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global (SWG) is a ministry committed to engaging the global Church to do one simple thing: go! Our mission is to ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel—training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word. SWG fuels the movement to “go!” and reach more people with the gospel through relational evangelism and training, innovative Scripture resources, and by partnering with local churches worldwide.
The Global Development Telephone Officer is responsible for developing relationships that aid in soliciting funds from existing donors that will meet the supporter’s philanthropic wishes and achieve the ministry growth plans.
Reports to: Director of Development (Relational)
Term: Full time (work from home)
- Work in alignment with shared goals with our Global Development Officers – Major Gifts
- Develop relationships with current donor portfolios to deepen and broaden existing philanthropy commitments
- Steward and provide opportunities to engage donors so they grow increasingly committed to the ministry
- Solicit and acquire funds to meet annual financial goals
- Promote and encourage donors to participate in our Legacy Giving program
- Participate in ministry trips with middle donors
- Passionate about raising funds for the primary purpose of sharing God’s Word
- Possesses the necessary professional skills and experience to promote the ministry to various audiences such as membership, Christian public, Businesses and Foundations
- Possesses the necessary highly developed interpersonal and relational skills to serve as part of a variety of teams, motivating each other towards common goals and mission, to interact and relate to the membership, and to foster relationships with outside associations and various contacts
- Possesses the necessary written and verbal communication skills to dynamically articulate the vision of the organization as well as motivate and inspire others to participate
- Possesses the necessary skills in order to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems
- Successful track record as a professional fundraiser or as a relational salesperson
- Professional Account Management experience
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Personable, friendly and donor-centric
- High attention to detail
- Ability to make the ask and solicit funds
- Organized and strong planning skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Min of 3 years experience in a sales or fundraising or account management role with a proven track record of success
- Experience in the multi-culture market preferred
- Knowledge of ministry or non-profit sector is an asset
The Gideons International In Canada/ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons/ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
If you are applying, please first complete the online survey, which is a standard part of our recruitment process.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 8940 ]