Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Oakville, Ontario , L6K 3C6
Kerr Street Mission (KSM) is a Christian registered charity dedicated to providing care and a community of support for those in Oakville that are struggling and in need, improving their current and future well-being.
KSM is committed to being a leader and catalyst in our community. We are passionate about developing youth so they have a better future, and coming alongside families so they know they are loved and so they have the help they need to change their situation.
Our faith in Jesus Christ, and the love and compassion we have received from Him motivates us to have love and compassion for others. We believe every person is created in the image of God and is loved and valued by Him. We work with people of all faiths, without discriminating, proselytizing or condition.
This is an exciting time in the history of KSM. We have been blessed by strong community support and require a Director of Operations that can further develop and maintain the organizational structures, processes and systems needed to support the growth, program opportunities and our drive for excellence.
The Director of Operations will report to and support the Executive Director (ED), be a key member on the Senior Leadership team, and a valued participant at KSM board meetings.
Working closely with the ED the Director of Operations will play a critical role in shaping the future of KSM.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
Leadership and Management of Staff
- Direct, develop and mentor approximately 10 direct reports and their teams
- Oversee day to day operational activities
- Plan, schedule and coordinate critical operational activities, processes,orientation and training
- Regularly lead staff devotions and prayer meetings
Administration and Special Projects
- Ensure that KSM policies are comprehensive, up-to-date, and implemented (general policies, program policies, and standard operation)
- Ensure that Risk Management program are in place and mitigation strategies are comprehensive and implemented as designed
- Ensure effective Human Resources processes are effective and culture building (includes: job descriptions, goals and objectives, performance discussions, development and succession plans)
- Coordinate organization wide matters relating to staff meetings, communications, facilities, etc. as requested by the ED
- Oversee the development and submission of grant and funder reports
- Prepare program and operational presentations and reports for board meetings
- Undertake special projects as requested by the ED (projects may be outside or broader than program delivery)
- Provide leadership and management for KSM programs:
- Children’s Program
- Youth Development
- Family Services
- Food Services
- Working collaboratively with the ED, program staff and volunteers to advance the strategic direction of KSM.
- Prepare, oversee, and manage program budgets to maximizing resources
- Develop project and program plans and work with program leads to prepare and submit proposals (to ED, board, and funders)
- Manage relationships, agreements, and contracts with external partners
- Develop and implement evaluation strategies for programs, projects, and operations
Required Qualifications, Skillsets & Competencies
- Program and project management experience is essential
- Relevant experience in managing operations or equivalent
- Experience with management or oversight of multiple teams
- Operational process and systems thinker
- Excellent organization and team leadership skills
- Outstanding collaboration, communication, and people skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Training and mentoring skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Financial and Budget preparation experience
- Business degree or 10+ years of program management/operational experience
- Not-for-Profit /Charity working experience a definite asset
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a minimum of two references and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) prior to the commencement of employment.
Supported by the Executive Director whose primary areas of focus are:
- Strategic thinking and vision
- Inspired leadership
- Marketing and communication with donors and program partners
- Development of new partnerships and opportunities
If you are passionate about what you do, are motivated by a job well done, and are committed to excellence, quality, and client satisfaction we would like to hear from you.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Kerr Street Mission is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We offer an environment that will support you in reaching your potential. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in their cover letter when they apply.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 8942 ]