Winnipeg, Manitoba , R2L 1M7
We are looking for a person who is passionate about missions, bringing experience in mission ministry settings. The candidate will also be a competitive Promoter/Recruiter that thrives in attracting new people to our organization. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our objectives in attracting people to Missionary service. This person must be comfortable making many Missionary promotional presentations, generating interest, and qualifying potential candidates.
The Promoter/Recruiter will find people to fill open ministry positions. The candidate will work full-time at the office provided. Some travel will be required to promote CEF, meeting people in environments where they are likely to encounter appropriate candidates. Travel may be required several times a year.
The Promoter/Recruiter is a salesperson of the organization they represent. The candidate will have a natural skill for figuring out which people would be successful for a certain job. To fulfill the needs of CEF, the Promoter/Recruiter will take on a variety of responsibilities. Some of the central ones include the following:
- Demonstrating and providing information on Missions - for short, medium, and long-term duration
- Distributing information, brochures, flyers, etc. and to source out new potential opportunities
- Using lectures, films, charts, and/or slide shows (virtually)
- Creating a positive image, thereby attracting people to potentially becoming Missionaries with CEF
- Setting up booths or promotional stands at schools, churches, venues where and when applicable (e.g. Mission Fests, Bible Schools, Youth events such as Breakforth, etc.)
- Reporting on related information (interest level, questions asked, number of samples/flyers distributed, etc.)
- Developing engaging content for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media outlets
- Continually managing social media accounts, ensuring images and copy is consistent with our ministry’s identity and positioning
- Managing promotional packages/campaigns including requesting creative content, drafting the communication plan, and sending a recruitment recap once completed.
- Conducting social media “listening”, finding posts to repost as well as monitoring posts for guest and visitor feedback
- Monitoring and utilizing analytics as needed for reports and tracking.
Reporting to the National Director, the Promoter/Recruiter will learn the specifics of what various positions entail. The Promoter/Recruiter will source online sites to discover people with backgrounds that would be a good match as well as post ads where prospects will discover them.
The Promoter/Recruiter will get to know a job applicant in order to evaluate how the person would fare in a missions ministry position. During these conversations, the Promoter/Recruiter should be prepared to answer questions. The candidate needs to develop a thorough knowledge of the Child Evangelism Fellowship ministry.
Developing relationships is critical for the Promoter/Recruiter. The Promoter/Recruiter will contact people who have expressed interest to provide more information and to gauge their potential. Those who are selected will be interviewed by the National Director and the Missions committee.
Charities do not typically have endless resources for recruiting efforts. The Promoter/Recruiter will be accountable to the National Director, who will evaluate the effectiveness of their work and the funds being disbursed.
Promoter/Recruiter should possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibiting outstanding salesmanship
- Knowledge/experience in Missions or Not For Profit organizations
- Friendly, and able to identify with others
- Listening carefully in order to fully answer questions and address concerns
- Speaking clearly
- Dressing and acting in ways that enhance the reputation of CEF
Tools of the Trade
- Microsoft Computer Applications
- Telephone/Cell phone
- Social Media
- Job Boards
Education and Training
A bachelor’s degree is desired, preferably related to communications, marketing, education, or a related field.
- Proven working experience as a Promoter.
- Track record of achieving quota.
- Ability to understand personal needs and handle different types of personalities.
- Strong listening, communication, presentation, and social skills.
- Knowledge/experience in Missions or with Not For Profit organizations.
- High school diploma or Bachelor’s degree in related fields.
- Minimum of one year of Bible School.
- Able to agree and sign our Statement of Faith.
Job Type: Full/Time – Flexible
Schedule: 8-hour shift; Monday – Friday; Weekends as needed.
CEF Canada Describes It's Culture as
- People-oriented – supportive and fairness-focussed
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
Work Location/Remotely: Winnipeg Office
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 8957 ]