Director of Finance and Business Operations
Director of Finance and Business Operations
Surrey, British Columbia , V4N 1Z4
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Pacific Academy.
For 36 years, Pacific Academy has been a place for students to grow both spiritually and academically. We are unabashedly Christian to the core and emphasize the life-changing importance of a relationship with Jesus Christ in all that we do. We are seeking a Director of Finance and Business Operations to provide expertise in the areas of finance and operational support.
Pacific Academy was founded in 1985 by leaders who wanted to create a place where kids could receive the very best academic and spiritual education possible. Today, our school has grown to become a student body of more than 1400, housed on a 40-acre campus in North Surrey.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Finance and Business Operations provides expertise in the areas of finance and operational support for Pacific Academy. As a member of the senior leadership team, the individual, through sound financial planning and management, allocates resources to be utilized in support of student learning while ensuring fiscal responsibility and accountability.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and the school’s long-term strategy.
- Oversee the school’s financial, budgeting, operational, and administrative processes with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Advise on financial issues, trends & changes in the sector.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and attaining organizational goals.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Maintain regular financial planning reports with comparison to budget; projections to fiscal year end; quarterly cash flow forecasts.
- Review and approve preparation of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics.
- Develop and execute analysis of various initiatives (i.e., opening new operations, asset acquisition, and new service launches).
- Develop and maintain capital budgets.
- Oversee cash, investment and asset management.
- Oversee financial strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the school’s operations and business plans.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new programs.
- Oversee the accounting department.
Policy & Stakeholder Relations
- Participate in the development of corporate policies and protocols.
- Develop, inform, educate and execute the investment policy upon approval from the Board.
- Remain up to date on non-profit audit best practices and municipal/provincial/federal law regarding non-profit and charity operations.
- Be a resource to the Board Finance Committee.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting for government agencies and funders as required.
- Coordinate all external audit activities and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee timely preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Represent Pacific Academy in dealings with financial institutions.
- Prepare various analysis and reports required for major renovation and building upgrade projects.
- Oversee appropriate maintenance of grounds and facilities.
- Oversee all relevant risk management and insurance policies are in place.
- Assist in the negotiations of third-party contracts.
- Collaboratively manage the ancillary revenue generation and rental programs.
- Collaboratively manage the legal affairs and other financial matters.
- A professional designation in accounting or business management; CPA/MBA preferred.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the non-profit and education sector.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the mission of Pacific Academy.
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith.
Location: Surrey, BC
Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
Start Date: Summer 2021
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8971 ]