Nursery School Director
Nursery School Director
Collingwood, Ontario , L9Y 3Z4
Maple Lane is a ministry of New Life Collingwood. We are excited to look for a Director of the child care centre who oversees all aspects of the daily operations within the centre. This includes administrative duties, billings and financial reporting, childcare program development, staff management, staff mentorship, scheduling, registration intake, opening and closing of facility, ensuring safety protocols, parent communication, event planning, fundraising, and outreach events.
We are looking for a successful candidate who is a proactive and dependable individual that truly wants to invest in developing strong relationships with the children, families, staff, and church community. They are passionate about providing quality Early Childhood Education within our community and have a keen interest in achieving the highest standards in childcare that our school can provide. They take pride in their position and genuinely care about the health and well-being of every child at Maple Lane.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach, guide, and monitor children as required.
- Be able to open and/or close school facility as required.
- Create daily schedules in order to utilize staff members in the most effective way possible and be able to make daily adjustments as necessary.
- Supervise and evaluate childcare staff, while providing mentoring, feedback, and training to help improve their skills.
- Assist with the recruitment of staff and perform exit interviews as required.
- Thoroughly understand and be able to execute all emergency procedures involving children and/or building maintenance in accordance with government protocols, regulations, and codes.
- Coordinates student and volunteer placements.
- Thoroughly understand, follow, and ensure the implementation of all safety and health protocols and precautions as per government regulations.
- Help to maintain center paperwork, including the upkeep on files for each child and staff member as per government regulations.
- Help to create and maintain the online presence of the school, including social media accounts and website.
- Help create/revise administrative forms, staff memos, letters to parents, and any other types of documentation that is needed.
- Process and keep records of tuition fees and payments.
- Directly communicate with parents and address any concerns regarding their children.
- Brainstorm ideas and help to maintain marketing strategies for the school in order to attract new families for enrollment.
- Assess the need for and order materials to maintain daily operations.
- Plan, organize and participate in fundraising initiatives for the school.
- Supplies Church Board with quarterly reports pertaining to the needs and issues affecting the community and the Nursery School.
- Annually prepares a statement to be submitted into New Life Church’s annual report.
Post-secondary Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Degree in Primary Education and in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators and/or the Ontario College of Teachers.
- 5 or more years of experience in childcare and/or early childhood education is required.
- 2 or more years of experience in a supervisory position is preferred.
- 1– 2 years of experience in management, office administration and/or customer relations is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to understand and collaborate with the mission of New Life Collingwood.
- Demonstrated communication (oral and written) and customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Creative writing and marketing skills.
- Working knowledge of social media sites and website maintenance
- Working knowledge of common computer programs – Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Zoom.
- Report writing, data management, and record keeping skills.
- Motivational and mentoring capabilities
- Great attention to detail
- Available to work shifts between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- A strong faith in Jesus Christ that is lived out in daily practice.
- Expresses a passion for teaching and qualitative early childhood education.
- Possesses a kind, nurturing, and empathetic heart.
- Is proactive and self-directed. Takes the initiative to learn new things.
- Cooperative and positively accepts feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Remains calm and has an ability to deescalate tense situations.
- CPR, First Aid certified, Criminal Record and Vulnerability Screening
- Up-to-date immunizations and physician letter of good health.
Must be able to: sit, stand, and walk up to 2 hours at a time. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8982 ]