Vice President, Administration & Finance
Vice President, Administration & Finance
Ancaster, Ontario , L9K 1J4
For nearly 40 years Redeemer University has prepared the next generation of Christian leaders. Redeemer is committed to a Christian undergraduate liberal arts and sciences education that develops the whole person. Rooted in a Reformed Biblical worldview, and including a diverse community representing over 50 Christian denominations, Redeemer seeks to answer the fundamental questions about where we fit into God’s story while it prepares students to engage in society’s biggest challenges. A rigorous academic program with an interdisciplinary core is supported by a vibrant community characterized by caring discipleship. The result is an enriching and transformational educational experience integrating faith, learning and service.
Redeemer offers 34 majors and streams that lead to either a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Business Administration degree. The university expects to welcome about 1000 students in the fall, served by approximately 200 faculty and staff.
Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President, Administration and Finance (VPAF) provides strategic leadership to the administration and finance division. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VPAF must have a deep seated personal faith and a commitment to the Vision, Mission, and Reformed Christian basis of Redeemer University.
- The VPAF has primary responsibility for ensuring that the financial and administrative services of the university are delivered in a manner that is stewardly, effective, and consistent with the purposes and principles of Redeemer
- The VPAF participates in the leadership of the university as a member of the President’s Council, and participates in operational decision-making, policy development and implementation, strategic planning, and emergency management.
- The VPAF is responsible for institutional risk management, including insurance; serves as the institutional Privacy Officer; coordinates legal matters; is responsible for institutional compliance with various non-academic regulations and codes; and coordinates campus space utilization and planning
- The VPAF presents budgets and financial/administrative updates to the Board of Governors and to the Annual General Meeting
Financial & Administrative Leadership
- The VPAF manages the university’s financial performance, including the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operating and capital budgets
- The VPAF ensures that Redeemer’s investment portfolio is managed in a manner consistent with Board policies and procedures
- The VPAF provides leadership to the following departments and areas: Financial Services, Human Resources, Compensation and Benefits, Campus Services, Information Technology, Physical Plant and Security, as well as the campus bookstore
- The VPAF chairs the Administration and Finance Division, the Cash Management Committee, Facilities Planning Committee, Investment Committee, and Compensation Committee
- The VPAF manages and develops Redeemer’s capital assets and infrastructure, and advises the President and the Board on campus development, building projects, and land acquisition
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in a senior level finance and/or administration leadership position with an understanding of academic institutions
- Financial planning, management, and analysis skills consistent with the needs of overall financial leadership for the University
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with budgeting and word processing software
- The ability to interpret and clearly communicate financial information
- Excellent team building skills and the ability to work collegially at all levels.
- An approachable style, empathy with student, faculty and staff concerns and the ability to handle conflict well
- Understanding of, and commitment to Redeemer University (mission, values, and Reformed Christian identity) and ability to articulate its mission effectively and persuasively
- Demonstrated strong personal integrity and ability to relate the Vision and Mission of Redeemer University to financial stewardship and administrative leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to servant-leadership and collaborative team-work
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field, or the combination of an undergraduate degree and a relevant professional designation, is required. A relevant Master’s degree, along with a relevant professional designation, would be an asset.
Position Reports to: President
Submit Applications to: HR@redeemer.ca (please quote Position Title in Subject line)
Expiry Date: June 20th, 2021
Applicants are requested to email their application materials (cover letter, resume, and statement of faith) in one combined pdf document. The statement of faith should articulate your faith perspective and how it relates to the mission of Redeemer University. A range of qualifications will be evaluated, including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with Redeemer’s identity as a university in the Protestant and Reformed Christian tradition. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8986 ]