Supporter Services Telephone Administrator
Supporter Services Telephone Administrator
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
We are seeking a full-time Supporter Services Telephone Administrator, with a passion to see God’s Word shared with people in Canada and all around the world.
As a Christ follower, do you love sharing the good news of the gospel? Are you an individual who wants to utilize your customer service and people skills within an organization that focuses on reaching people with the Word of God? If you have answered yes to these questions and you want to be part of a fast-paced growing ministry - we would love to meet you to explore the new position of Supporter Services Telephone Administrator/Receptionist.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global (SWG) is a ministry committed to engaging the global Church to do one simple thing: go! Our mission is to ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel—training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word. SWG fuels the movement to “go!” and reach more people with the gospel through relational evangelism and training, innovative Scripture resources, and by partnering with local churches worldwide.
This role will play a critical part in the ministry’s customer service plans and as part of our supporter retention & cultivation framework. Working at the head office, the administrator/receptionist will be the primary contact for all of our supporters and members. In pursuit of premier service, the incumbent will ensure that every person contacted feels appreciated and that their support is valued and is producing impact. The incumbent should be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and will participate in cross training with the focus on the “One and Done” model.
Reports To: Director of Development (Mass)
- Handle all inbound calls, emails and faxes related to donations, scripture requests, cancellations, questions, member inquiries, complaints and misc.
- Complete outbound calls such as welcome and thank you calls, credit card decline and payment arrears and telemarketing campaigns
- Main receptionist duties including being the welcoming face of the ministry for all visitors and directing them to the appropriate departments
- Look for opportunities to upsell and cross sell
- Participate in retention plans and speak on behalf of the donors/members
- Data entry from setting up accounts, processing donations, account management and contact history in Raiser’s Edge
- Administrative functions including office admin, filing, and mail processing
- Write donor cards
- Pray for Donor’s requests, prayer needs
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience and a proven track record in customer service, sales, call centre or retail.
- Telecommunication experience is a definite asset.
- Database experience
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization would be an asset but not essential.
- Excellent service and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Tech savvy – the ability to adjust easily to technical changes including new systems, data base enhancements, process changes and phone systems
- The ability to elicit information through skilled questioning/interviewing); the ability to promote and persuade
- Complaint management – Ability to “think on one’s feet” and deal with challenging donor conversations
- Ability to network, team-build and relate interpersonally
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Very reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and teammates,
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner and work well in a busy environment.
SWG is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of SWG. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
If you are applying, please first complete the online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8996 ]