Selection & Placement Coordinator
Selection & Placement Coordinator
SIM is a 125-year-old catalyst for global missions that goes above in prayer and beyond in care to bring good news to hard places because there are people living and dying without the gospel. The vision of SIM is to see a witness to Christ’s love where He is least known, disciples of Jesus expressing God’s love in their communities, and Christ-centred churches among all peoples. SIM Canada is part of an international mission organization with more than 4,000 ministry workers, serving in more than 70 countries, from over 60 different diverse nationalities. We are both a sending and receiving agency, sending people from Canada, receiving people to Canada, and serving in Canada alongside the church. We are looking for people who love Jesus and who are willing to use their skills on one of our ministry teams here at home or worldwide.
We’re searching for a Selection and Placement Coordinator (S&PC) who will work with Canadian applicants towards cross cultural engagement (either locally or overseas). You will be primarily responsible for walking with prospective ministry workers from the initial inquiry stage through to their field placement. The S&PC’s position is highly relational in nature; therefore, we are seeking someone who is developed in their Christian faith and walk.
You will be tasked with discerning along with inquirers and assisting them in investigating their Great Commission call for them to use their gifts and skills to serve God with SIM in missions here in Canada or across borders at this time.
This position reports directly to the Personnel Director and is a part of the Selection and Placement Team.
- Facilitate the application process for prospective ministry workers (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
- Search through our Ministry Opportunities database and communicate with the field offices to identify suitable placements for candidates and to coordinate placement details
- Maintain the electronic Personnel Files
- Update statuses and details in the various databases as they move through the process
- Supporting the Personnel Director in various duties
- Put into practice procedures from the “SIM International Personnel Principles & Practices” Handbook
- As it relates specifically to short term and mid-term ministry workers (aka, “associates”):
- Coordinate the preparations for service
- Create trip budgets
- Monitor their raised funds and their financial accounts with SIM
- Facilitate one-day office visits/orientations
- Facilitate and coordinate the re-entry and debrief of missionaries
- As it relates to long-term ministry workers (aka. “Members”):
- Assist the Personnel Director with pre-field Orientation
- Combination of education and work experience in the church/missions arena
- Spiritual and personal maturity, plus commitment to learn and grow
- A passion for long-term Christian ministry
- Sensitivity and discernment in dealing with people
- Administrative ability to keep the procedures moving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and able to multitask with great follow-up skills
- Proven ability to build effective relationships
- Experience in managing multiple priorities, administrative coordination and logistics
- Critical thinking skills and sound judgment
- A sense of teamwork
- Willingness to help with general tasks around the office
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with and commitment to SIM’s vision, strategy and ministries
- Working experience within a local church or ministry setting (Personnel/Missions Agency)
- Bilingual in French and English
Work Location & Hours
- SIM Canada National Office - 10 Huntingdale Blvd, Scarborough, ON, M1W 2S5
- Full-time position, 5 days @ 37.5 hours per week
- All Members of the National Office are expected to be involved in the following:
- Attend Daily Prayer Chapels (8:30 AM – 9:00 AM) (now done virtually)
- Participate on staff Committees as needed or have interest
SIM Canada's Mission Statement
Convinced that no one should live and die without hearing God's good news, we believe that He has called us to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in communities where he is least known.
Therefore, compelled by God's great love and empowered by the Holy Spirit…
We cross barriers to proclaim the crucified and risen Christ, expressing His love and compassion among those who live and die without Him,
We make disciples who will trust and obey Jesus, and become part of Christ-centred churches,
We work together with churches to fulfill God's mission across cultures locally and globally,
We facilitate the participation in cross-cultural ministry of those whom God is calling.
SIM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Posted Under: International/Missions
Career ID: [ 8999 ]