Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2Y1
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Part-time: 30 hours per week
Time-frame: Starting August 2021
Resumes can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Alliance Church: Toronto is a medium-sized church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. The church seeks an energetic, service-oriented Building Superintendent who can provide leadership, vision, and collaborative operational support to maintain a welcoming facility for the ministry activities that take place.
The candidate must have competencies in the area of maintenance, cleaning, and working with a team.
The candidate will be expected to occasionally work outside of regular working hours (evenings and weekends).
Our Vision: Growing deep in Christ. Reaching wide in mission.
Our Vision Prayer: Oh God, our Father, make us a body of people so transformed and empowered by your Word & Spirit that our communities, nation, and world may see and know Jesus Christ as the way, the truth, and the life.
- Facility maintenance and cleanliness
- Room set-up and take-down
- Training/mentoring of other caretaking staff
- Building safety and security
- Ongoing review of facility cleanliness and regular maintenance/inspections
- Facility assessments and improvements
- Participates in financial tracking and budgeting for building operations and maintenance
- Procurement of supplies/equipment and acquiring/monitoring contracted services
- Participates in the planning and execution of major facility renovations
Knowledge and Experience relating to:
- Building maintenance and repair
- Procedures, standards and practices in building maintenance and cleaning tasks including occupational health and safety requirements
- Mechanical, air conditioning, refrigeration, fire safety, plumbing, electrical and related preventive maintenance programs
- Creating and maintaining Records and Schedules
- Procurement and Contracting
- Training, motivating and supervising staff
- Budget preparation and administration
Skills & Abilities
- Working cooperatively with others to manage multiple ongoing issues, identify and solve problems and meet deadlines
- Team building and supervisory skills
- Reading and interpreting building plans and specifications, drawing/sketching plans, drafting basic specifications and cost estimates for building repair and minor building construction work
- Learning the City Building Codes applicable to church building and property development
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Computer skills
The successful candidate will be required to make the following Commitments:
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9002 ]