Interim Kids Pastor
Interim Kids Pastor
Ajax, Ontario , L1Z 1L4
Sanctus Church’s vision is to become a regional church of 10,000 meeting the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of people in Jesus name. The following staff position is critical in helping Sanctus ministries execute on the fulfillment of that vision.
The Interim Kids Pastor position is primarily responsible for developing and managing leaders to successfully implement Sanctus Kids programs and initiatives, at the Ajax site, for families with children ages 0-12. This position strategically collaborates with the Family Ministries staff and Ajax site staff. In addition, it reports directly to the Family Ministries Pastor and maintains accountability to the Ajax Site Pastor.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Sanctus Church.
- Embody each one of the 5 Sanctus Staff Values: Respect, Alignment, Fun, Trust, and Excellence.
- A foundational understanding of Biblical theology.
- A strong level of emotional and spiritual health.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-calibre team environment.
- A passion for developing leaders and building a healthy team culture.
- A genuine love for children and their families.
- Align leaders at the site to work together around the Sanctus Kids strategy, values, and language.
- Champion the vision, values, and strategies of Sanctus Kids throughout the site.
- Facilitate effective meetings to collaborate with crucial site leaders.
- Manage resources needed to make Sanctus Kids successful at the site.
- Recruit, develop, and retain volunteers at the site to lead Sanctus Kids programs and initiatives.
- Implement systems to recruit, train, and manage Sanctus Kids leaders.
- Manage group structures to connect kids relationally with peers and leaders.
- Leverage strategies to enhance relationships between small group leaders and families beyond weekly programming.
- Engage every parent and guardian at the site to partner with Sanctus Kids.
- Maintain a relational connection with families and provide pastoral care.
- Share resources and experiences that help parents with their children.
- Champion the engagement journey for new families who attend the site.
- Influence kids to love and serve others.
- Facilitate age-appropriate opportunities for kids to engage in ministry as well as support our local and global partners.
- Implement seasonal initiatives for families to do service projects together
- Train adult leaders to co-lead with teenagers.
Education & Experience
- Education in leadership, theology, and/or child development is considered an asset.
- Must have previous experience successfully managing and developing a large team of people.
- Must have previous experience working or volunteering with kids.
- Experience and/or an understanding of Orange’s strategy and curriculum is considered a strong asset.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 9012 ]