Toronto, Ontario , M4S 2P2
Working under the general direction of the Pastor, the church Office Administrator (OA) provides part-time, administrative support in the ongoing management and operation of the church. The OA is generally the first point of contact for the church and coordinates timely, accurate and appropriate communications between multiple stakeholders and with external contacts. The OA produces written worship materials and community communications, develops and manages social media content, maintains official records and provides data management support.
The Office Administrator works independently to execute basic instructions with regard to administration, and consults appropriately with various stakeholders to seek clarification and understanding as necessary to fulfil the duties of the role.
Duties are carried out across the week aligning with the activity level in the church, in particular Sunday worship, and with the administrative support needs of the Pastor and the church. Hours average 18-20 hours per week, worked on a regular basis.
The OA ensures ongoing awareness and adherence to key legislation and church procedures related to health and safety measures, AODA, privacy and others as outlined and signed off at time of hire and once per year.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting office administration work.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with others to get work done.
- Experience working in a charity, not for profit or church organization with a solid baseline understanding of how such organizations operate; familiarity with the Christian Reformed Church an asset.
College diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong organizational skills; accuracy and attention to detail are required. Able to set priorities and follow through to execution.
- Fully computer literate; proficiency with Google suite (Drive, Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and Microsoft Office suite; experience with website, social media and presentation software desired; some knowledge of Adobe Acrobat an asset.
- Technically adept with common office equipment, projection software, file management procedures.
- Good judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills needed.
- Ability to work flexibly and manage multiple tasks with regular interruption.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to represent the best interests of the Church and its programs.
- Strong understanding of diversity and equity dynamics.
- Must demonstrate tact, sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and balance a wide variety of competing tasks.
- Availability to work off hours including on Sundays would be helpful but not required.
To submit an application or request further information, contact: email@example.com.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9028 ]