Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6J1
The Executive Pastor supports the overall strategic direction of Lakeside Church, gives leadership to its operations, and oversees the development and implementation of goals and plans to accomplish Lakeside’s vision and core values.
- Oversee the business activities and ensure operational effectiveness at Lakeside Church by:
- Creating effective organizational design in order to fulfill Lakeside’s vision and values.
- Ensuring that all legal and regulatory obligations for the organization are met and actions of Lakeside and employees meet all applicable laws and regulations.
- Working with the Lead Pastor to plan the agenda for staff meetings and partner meetings to help focus around Lakeside’s vision and values, as well as planning retreats for long-range planning.
- Develop and support the staff at Lakeside Church by:
- Confirming up-to-date job descriptions for each position and ensuring annual performance reviews with monthly coaching sessions for all staff.
- Managing the hiring processes for new team members and, when necessary, the dismissing of staff.
- Speaking into and addressing the Human Resources needs of the church.
- Oversee the financial health at Lakeside Church by:
- Overseeing the annual budget process.
- Working with the Financial Controller to manage monthly financial performance.
- Working with the Lead pastor and Financial Controller regarding donor engagement.
- Play a role in the pastoral care of the Lakeside Church family by:
- Praying regularly for the staff, elders, and leaders of Lakeside.
- Nurturing, supporting, and empowering Lakeside staff and leaders.
- Mentoring and fostering emerging ministry leaders.
- Being available for teaching at weekend services, crisis counselling, visitation, weddings, funerals, and other pastoral duties as required.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- A passionate follower of Jesus Christ, who believes in the vision and core values of Lakeside Church.
- Exhibit wisdom, discernment and the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Exhibit humility and dependence on God (Philippians 2:3-4, 4:13).
- Demonstrate ability to implement strategic and tactical plans and manage change in a large organization, with strong long-range planning.
- Demonstrate a heart for and experience with ministry.
- Have a strong organizational background that includes experience in business, HR, finances, risk management, health and safety, and organizational development.
- Experience as a change agent with the willingness and skill to enter into difficult conversations while maintaining a spirit of love and compassion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus in business or a related field
- Minimum of four years leadership and management experience with the proven ability to lead complex multidisciplinary teams
- Business experience combined with pastoral experience is preferred
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Direct Reports: Financial Controller, Logistics Director, Family Care Pastor, Griefwalk Coordinator, Missions Ministry Leader
This is a full-time position with benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Marc Gagnon at firstname.lastname@example.org. This post will be removed when the position has been filled.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 9029 ]