Care Manager/Employment Consultant
Care Manager/Employment Consultant
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
Our employees tell us one of the many reasons they love working at YSM is the people. We’re passionate about our work to help struggling neighbours move from merely surviving to thriving.
If you’re looking for a great place where you can do meaningful and challenging work, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are seeking a full time Care Manager & Employment Consultant for Adults in YSM’s Opportunities Fund (OF) pre-employment program. OF is funded by Service Canada in collaboration with YSM’s Employment Services. OF programming provides adults who are living with Mental Health Disabilities a safe and supportive environment where they can train in pre-employment skills and work to overcome barriers to their employment and education goals.
The Care Manager & Employment Consultant is a front line position and will report directly to the OF Program Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting and guiding marginalized adults who self-identify as living with a mental health disability work through personalized goal plans to improve on their personal, social and employment skills in alignment with OF program measurements
- Delivering OF programming (virtually and in-person) that includes facilitating classroom based learning activities and supporting internal and external work experiences
- Providing case management support to program participants; includes regular 1:1 meetings, monitoring and tracking participant activities, case conferences, referrals to community supports
- Collaborating with YSM’s Employment Department and Bridges and Cornerstone’s programs/services in order to provide holistic care that is relevant and meets the needs of each participant
- Documenting and entering data for all program and participant activity; including case notes, action plans, financial expenditures
- Facilitating group learning sessions and providing effective intervention in crisis situations.
- Maintaining a safe space for diverse participants, including the LGBTQ community, racialized participants and people living with mental illness and varying abilities
- Participating in team meetings and initiatives that address ongoing program development and evaluation
- Outreach internally and externally in order to encourage and inspire community members to be active program participants
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- Post-secondary education in the social service field and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalized communities and able to work with diverse people groups, within a multi-faith, multicultural, anti-oppressive framework
- Proven leadership skills; including the ability to be innovative and effectively organize, process, and communicate information in a changing work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and facilitation skills; ability to engage with a wide variety of personality types
- Resourceful; able to pull educational resources from the community and to tailor lesson plans/meetings based on participant needs
- Comfort working in an unpredictable drop-in environment with participants experiencing various forms of trauma; able to quickly and sensitively respond to high-stress situations
- Strong time management, information tracking, administration and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage crisis situations, strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify problems and achieve solutions
- A biblical understanding of the unique aspects of ministry among the poor
- A Police Check will be required/First Aid training is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: June 25, 2021
Starting Date: As son as possible
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 9036 ]