Communications & Social Media Specialist
Communications & Social Media Specialist
Mississauga, Ontario , L5N 5R4
CBM is a global integral mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. With Faith, Hope and Love CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 countries, addressing issues associated with Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
We are presently seeking an experienced strategic communications writer for both print and digital media platforms, reporting to the Team Lead of the Content & Design Department.
You bring a passion for communicating and nurturing hearts and minds into action. You can write to inspire and inform. You can write to motivate, to participate, to persuade. You are committed to the work of justice and dignity for all peoples. You have written to nurture donor relationships and champion the needs of those without a voice. You can even get jazzed about the insights from analytics and what that could mean for the next piece you create.
As a Communications & Donor Relations Specialist you will be part of our team, to supports the strategic communication objectives of the Canadian Partnerships Department. You will be contributing to all the communications materials produced by the C&D Dept. responding to constituency inquiries and facilitating some administrative processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing and edit our quarterly print magazine, writing impact stories from field reports, creating web content, writing appeals, and fundraising campaigns. Writing scripts for video and presentations.
- Research topics and conduct interviews with internal and external stakeholders and to plan and produce high-impact stories and content.
- Source background materials (project/program materials) and stories for inclusion in promotional/informational materials, draft copy as directed.
- Write, proof, and post web communications/news items and press releases.
- Draft copy, proofread, edit, and coordinate the design and production of selected projects as directed.
- Assist in developing strategy, contributing creative ideas towards all the elements of the annual CBM communications schedule.
- Act as the first line of contact for the Canadian Partnerships department for all internal and external inquiries
- Monitor, record and oversee the distribution of communications materials
- Help with special events as requested
- Ensure successful completion of additional tasks, as assigned
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Code of Conduct
- Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
- 5+ years’ experience in writing copy for a variety of media
- Undergrad degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or English
- Previous experience in copy editing and proofreading is preferred
- Theological education a strong asset
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the use of social media in marketing and promotion
- Creative and innovative in presenting information to align to audience interests
- Strong ability in project management, prioritize tasks and demonstrate initiative
- Attentive to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe creative suite
- 2nd language an asset
- Cross-cultural experience an asset
- Familiar with Canadian Baptist Constituency an asset
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com by June 30, 2021.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CBM acknowledges that its head office is situated upon traditional territories of the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nations (Mississauga Tract, Treaty 19).
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 9040 ]