Director of Development
Director of Development
Surrey, British Columbia , V3S 4K5
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Cloverdale Community Kitchen.
Cloverdale Community Kitchen (CCK) is a faith-based organization that began in 2011 to address the food scarcity needs of the homeless. Over the years, CCK has expanded their services and support to the community of Cloverdale and South Surrey.
We are looking for a driven, goal-oriented individual that is filled with compassion for the marginalized and vulnerable to be our Director of Development. The Director of Development will be a builder and developer of programs, volunteers and fundraising initiatives. With the community in mind, we desire to have someone who can help Cloverdale Community Kitchen adapt and change for the benefit of our community.
Cloverdale Community Kitchen began when the City of Surrey and the RCMP approached Pacific Community Church and asked if they would provide meals for the homeless. The first meals were served from a small kitchen and everyone quickly realized larger, professional kitchen was needed. Through community support and a grant, a full-size commercial kitchen was completed in 2013.
Currently CCK serves 15,000 hot, nutritious meals annually and provides 800 Christmas Hampers. CCK also acts as an emergency weather shelter, provides clothes through our Clothing Cupboard and supports people in finding housing and re-entering the workforce.
Our mission is for the vulnerable to experience hope in an inclusive community of care.
Our Vision is for Surrey to be a strong and healthy community for all. Our major area of emphasis is food security for the most vulnerable in our population.
As the Director of Development, you will be a key member of CCK’s lead team and spearhead the organization’s fundraising growth and longevity. You will be responsible for recruiting, training and working with senior level volunteers who are engaged in our fundraising events and initiatives. You will facilitate and increase financial support through developing plans concentrating on major gifts, annual gifts, special events, and capital projects. Through your work you will strengthen our individual, foundation, private, and corporate donors by designing and implementing a program to identify, solicit, and cultivate potential donors. As you build lasting relationships with our donors and key members of Cloverdale, Surrey, Langley, White Rock and the Greater Vancouver area, you will increase our revenue through community investment, grants, and sponsorships.
- Utilize SharePoint and other internal software to keep, record and organize information
- Be aware of and take into account current trends in the non-profit and charity sectors
- Identify grant opportunities that align with CCK and submit comprehensive applications
- Spearhead the organization’s fundraising growth and longevity
- Oversee the recruitment, development, training and work of all senior level volunteers
- Strengthen and grow donor network of individual donors, private donors, corporate donors and foundation donors
- Design and implement donor recruitment program and strategy
- Engage strategically in activities that expand the financial capacity of the organization, including attending donor meeting, and fundraising events, and speaking publicly at engagements
- Plan, organize, and act to grow our premier fundraising event, Coldest Night of the Year
- Reach out to existing sponsors and build relationships with new businesses and individuals eager to make a contribution towards the community
- 3-5 years experience in donor development within a non-profit organization
- Able to effectively communicate and clearly express the vision, mission and goals of CCK to donors, sponsors, volunteers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, managing expectations and be able to actively solve conflicts
- Proven ability to work shoulder-to-shoulder as well as take appropriate actions in a position of leadership
- Passionate about the work and the people it impacts
- Experience negotiating and a proven track record of reaching fundraising goals
- Ability to manage tasks and projects with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in expanding and managing donor networks
- Effective networker and relationship builder – both internally and externally
- Effective communicator in front of large audiences and with individuals
- Ability to navigate change management
- Must be willing to travel locally
Application Deadline: July 7, 2021
Start Date: Summer 2021
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 9041 ]