Intern - Peer Support Worker
Intern - Peer Support Worker
BARRIE, Ontario , L4N1S8
You love people. You are an influencer. You are passionate about seeing and helping people to overcome hardship and to learn to become everything that God created them to be. You are excited by the opportunity to "live on mission".
This unique opportunity is an "immersive" learning and serving opportunity for the person who feels called to ministry among the marginalized.
- Provide direct supervision to residents of a congregant living facility;
- Mentor men of all ages to set and to achieve goals in all areas of life;
- Apply your biblical knowledge in teaching people the Way of Jesus;
- (ideally) Live on-site in the congregant living Hope House Barrie! (see below); and
- Be teachable.
- (Ideally) Able to live on-site, full-time, 24/7, in a fully immersive ministry environment: This may be amended based on mutual agreement of both the candidate and Hope Barrie, and may reflect periodic overnight relief work versus 24/7 live-in immersion
- A Bible College graduate, a Seminary graduate, or a Bible College or Seminary student or other university student with demonstrable maturity and leadership ability, or a mature follower of Jesus with the appropriate level of knowledge and experience
- Willingness and Eagerness to learn and to grow, particularly in character and skill as they relate to Christian discipleship and missional living
As a position that is funded by a Federal job grant, the selected candidate can be no older than 30 years of age at the start of the term of employment, is a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred, and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations. (International students are not eligible). Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
The term of this position is as follows, but can be changed with advance agreement to meet the needs of the candidate or the ministry:
Start Date: May-June 2021;
Duration: 7 Weeks (ends no later than August 31, 2021), extendable to 14 Weeks based on mutual agreement for the right candidate.
Start Date: September 6, 2021:
Duration: 7 Weeks (ends no later than February 14, 2022).
- Final Positions and dates to be confirmed.
- Positions 1 and 2 may be filled by separate candidates or may be combined for a single candidate.
- The Rate of Pay is the Ontario minimum wage at $14.25/hour paid at 40 hours/week. Minimal Occupancy Fees (Room and Board Expenses) will be deducted at source to cover the costs of meals and laundry, only in the case of a 24/7 agreement.
- You must be able to agree to the Hope Barrie Statement of Faith and any applicable Hope Barrie Cultural Documents and policies.
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com, and supply a Pastoral Reference and two character references. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 9042 ]