Full Time Cashier (CSJ)
Full Time Cashier (CSJ)
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian organization with over 50 Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, provide church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. The stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Store Sarnia is currently seeking a Volunteer Cashier who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). This is a 7-week long at $16 per hour, 40 hours per week.
Duties & Requirements
- Enjoy working with the public, has a friendly, outgoing personality, and have strong relational qualities
- Display a positive attitude when interacting with customers and maintain a clean appearance
- Understand the needs and wants of a thrift store customer and be able to deliver exceptional customer service
- Understand inventory control, pricing and can be flexible with work hours.
The Cashier must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of office policies and procedures
- Knowledge of non-profits/volunteer organizations
- Experience with retail sales, working with volunteers is preferred
The Cashier must demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task; work in a fast-paced environment with grace and good humour
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Be organized and neat
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; be able to solve problems with good judgment and make decisions independently
- Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate POS systems
- Time management skills
The Cashier must maintain strict confidentiality in performing his/her duties and must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of Mission Thrift Store Sarnia, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume with subject line “Volunteer Cashier” by June 22, 2021, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full job description available upon request.
BFM (Sarnia) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 9046 ]