Worship and Youth Director
Worship and Youth Director
Kitchener, Ontario , N2P 2E8
Faith Church, a member of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, has been part of the Kitchener - Waterloo - Cambridge community for sixty years. Throughout these years Faith’s passion has been to serve its community and help people encounter the love of God in real and practical ways. We strive to be a family of different generations and cultures which connect with God and each other as we grow in our faith.
Provide leadership for Faith’s Worship & Youth Ministries.
A suitable applicant should exhibit:
- A personal, passionate relationship with God which is growing and being shared with others.
- Training in the areas of music/worship and ministry to youth and families.
- Agreement with and adherence to our Ministry Council and Ministry Staff Covenant and the denominational (EMCC) beliefs and practices.
- Interacts well with people and in teams, mentors effectively, and demonstrates a shepherd’s heart.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with various technologies for communication.
- Previous accountability within a Bible-believing church.
- A valid driver’s license.
Duties and Responsibilities
Worship Ministry Responsibilities (14-20 hours/week)
Be directly involved in the Worship/music ministry by:
- Overseeing the worship teams in planning the Sunday morning worship services alongside the Lead Pastor.
- Leading worship in music (as needed) and supervising the worship teams / bands rehearsals.
- Scheduling the worship teams / bands for Sunday morning and other special worship events.
- Providing input into Faith’s tech ministries to create engaging and edifying online services. This would include being a presence on social media to help us embrace ministry online.
- Enlisting, equipping and training leaders for the Sunday morning services in the areas of music, sound, media, camera, tech, announcements, etc.
- Assisting the church in incorporating all aspects of worship (music, prayer, drama, the arts, etc.) within the various church ministries.
- Supervising the “Planning Center” database to plan the services, coordinate ministry assignments, and check-in or register members.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities (12-15 hours/week)
Be directly involved with the Jr. & Sr. High students (gr. 6-12) by:
- Coordinating and promoting Bible study, discipleship training, outreach/missions, recreation, etc.
- Leading and working together with the youth volunteers in planning
- Coming alongside the Lead Pastor in training and discipling a leader within the church to host a young adults’/ young professionals’ group.
- Enlisting and training youth leaders to help disciple students.
- Discipling and personally connecting with individual youth and their family.
- Encouraging and equipping parents to biblically raise their children.
Additional Coordinator Ministry Duties (5-10 hours/week)
- Participating in weekly staff meetings, by contributing to discussions as we work towards bettering our Sunday mornings with new/fresh ideas.
- Training children and youth volunteers to implement Plan to Protect policies within Faith’s ministries.
- Serving on appropriate church leadership teams when necessary.
- Preparing and submitting monthly/annual reports and budgets to specified committees.
- Praying regularly for the church and our unchurched community.
- Fulfilling other duties as assigned.
Please submit resume and references to:
Search Committee of Faith Church
3849 King St. E.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9060 ]