Associate Youth Pastor
Associate Youth Pastor
Toronto, Ontario , M3B2R2
Toronto Korean Presbyterian Church is looking for a candidate who loves God, youth, and who wants to do life with them to teach them what it means to be a Christian disciple. Here you will work together with a team of committed Pastors who want to do ministry and education well at our church amongst the children and youth of our Church. The focus of ministry will be on grades 6-8 but one will also work in conjunction with the Lead Youth Pastor to provide direction and leadership for the overall youth ministry. At TKPC you will be provided many opportunites to not only be served but to also receive mentorship. Please prayerfully consider this position, or share this position with one who may be called.
Department: Education Department
Time Commitment: Approx. 15-20 Hours a Week (part-time)
Responsible for: Specific Leadership and Focus on Growing Disciples Junior (Gr. 6–8); General Pastoral Care and Attention to the entire Growing Disciples Ministry Jr. + Sr. (Gr. 6–12)
Responsible to: Education Director (Rev. Dr. Jonathan Hong) & Pastor Sunny Choi
The Associate Youth Pastor, GD Junior is to have a real heart and passion for the youth of our church. He or she is encouraged to build personal relationships and deeply invest in the lives of the youth. The Associate Youth Pastor is to be organized, provide strong leadership, and is to communicate well with parents, leaders, and other staff at church. The Associate Youth Pastor should strive to work well and effectively with the Lead Youth Pastor. The Associate Pastor should do ministry with focused vision, and a concrete mission statement that directs the ministry. The Pastor should possess an overarching desire of wanting Christ formation in the lives of their students.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Leading effectively the area of youth ministry at TKPC (GD jr. [Grs.6–8])
- To ensure that the youth ministry is adhering to and promoting the plan of education outlined in TKPC’s Philosophy of Education.
- Ensure that one is communicating well with the Education Director and informing him or her of the ministry plans and outcomes of the ministry
- This will entail weekly reports, attending all education related meetings, and periodically meeting with the Education Director
- Work towards cohesion, and unity in the one youth ministry consisting of junior and senior youth.
- Work effectively with the Lead Youth Pastor, GD Sr., by
- Falling under his or her servant type leadership
- Ensuring that ministry plans are coordinated and being formed together
- Clearly and frequently communicating with the Lead Youth Pastor as to what each pastor is doing
- Working in conjunction with the Lead Youth Pastor and the Education Director to ensure that each youth pastor’s roles in the ministry are clear and that two people aren’t doing one person’s job
- Transition well youth as they enter into the youth ministry
- Disciple students through a clear plan of discipleship designed for them
- Help co-lead effective Sunday services
- Plan, prepare, and lead often-occurring fellowship nights for youth.
- Teach students about leadership, and provide strong leadership where needed
- Encourage and invite parents of youth to get involved in the ministry
- Work closely with the deacon of your ministry.
Skills and Qualifications
- First Aid/CPR training is an asset
- Police Check required
- A proven track record in the effective leading of education ministries.
Further Inquiries & Application Submission
Please submit applications consisting of a resume, with cover letter, and the contact info of two references by August 15, 2021, to Rev. Dr. Jonathan Hong at email@example.com. For further inquiries, contact (416) 316-4230.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9114 ]