Toronto, Ontario , M4L 3T4
Much grace and peace to you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!
The Associate Pastor at Waverley Road Baptist Church will be responsible to develop, lead, and oversee all aspects of ministries related to Families (Newborns to Grade 5), Jr. High Students (Grades 6-8), and Sr. High Students (Grades 9-12) and their Parents and/or Guardians in The Beaches neighbourhood of Toronto. This responsibility may include volunteers, interns, programming, curriculum, and special events and activities, while serving as part of a Church Ministry Team.
The Associate Pastor at Waverley Road Baptist Church will have opportunity to exercise other responsibilities, such as preaching, teaching, and outreach, depending on gifting, calling, need, and strengths.
To enjoy this role, and to thrive as a Ministry Team Member at Waverley, it would help if you:
- Have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
- Committed to holiness and modeling a faith that others can follow
- Strong biblical, moral integrity and values
- Have financial integrity
- Accredited Bible College/Seminary degree (Other qualifications and training will be considered.)
- Communicate easily and clearly with people of all ages, especially with Children and Youth
- Enjoy working with teams of people
- Feel comfortable investing in people as they serve in areas of spiritual giftedness and personal experience
- Are flexible, fun, and friendly
- View ministry as a calling and a lifestyle, and not as a job
- Desire to grow in your calling, gifting, skills, abilities, and knowledge
- Desire a long-term relationship with a community of faith, and within a neighbourhood
- Minimum 5 years experience serving in Children's Ministry and/or Youth Ministry, whether in a North American church or parachurch environment
- The willingness and ability to support and promote beliefs, mission, vision, objectives, and values of Waverley Road Baptist Church
This is a permanent, full-time position, with a probationary period of 3 months, which may be waived at any time at the discretion of the Lead Pastor. The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should familiarize themselves by reviewing our website, and e-mail a resume and cover letter to the Lead Pastor. If possible, please include a video or audio link to a recent sermon you have preached.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9117 ]