Worship Arts Ministry Leader
Worship Arts Ministry Leader
Toronto, Ontario , M4L 3T4
Much grace and peace to you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!
The Worship Arts Ministry Leader at Waverley Road Baptist Church will work with the Lead Pastor to plan the Sunday Morning Worship Service, and will be responsible to help lead, and develop all aspects of ministries related to Worship Arts (eg. Sunday Morning Worship, Christmas, Good Friday & Easter services) in The Beaches neighbourhood of Toronto. This responsibility may include volunteers, interns, programming, curriculum, and special events and activities, while serving as part of a Church Ministry Team, and must be consistently available on Sundays and for weekly Ministry Team Meetings.
To enjoy this role, and to thrive as a Ministry Team Member at Waverley, it would help if you:
- Have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
- Committed to holiness and modeling a faith that others can follow
- Strong biblical, moral integrity and values
- Have financial integrity
- Accredited Bible College/Seminary degree preferred (other qualifications and training will be considered)
- Communicate easily and clearly with people of all ages
- Enjoy working with teams of people
- Feel comfortable investing in people as they serve in areas of spiritual giftedness and personal experience
- Enjoy working with people and those who serve them
- Are flexible, fun, and friendly
- View ministry as a calling and a lifestyle, and not as a job
- Desire to grow in your calling, gifting, skills, abilities, and knowledge
- Desire a long-term relationship with a community of faith, and within a neighbourhood
- Strong Musical Skills – able to vocalize and play an instrument in a manner consistent with both a contemporary and traditional worship style
- Able to shepherd both instrumentalists and vocalists to be a team that effectively leads God’s people in worship
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (eg. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher)
- Minimum 2 years experience serving in Music or Worship Arts Ministry, whether in a North American church or parachurch environment
- The willingness and ability to support and promote beliefs, purpose, mission, vision, core values and key objectives of Waverley Road Baptist Church
This is a paid part-time position (15-18 hrs/week, with potential for increased hours/scope). There will be a 3-month probationary period, which may be waived at the discretion of the Lead Pastor.
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should familiarize themselves by reviewing our website, and e-mail a resume and cover letter to the Lead Pastor.
The deadline for submissions is September 20, 2021. We will contact potential candidates by September 30, 2021.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9118 ]