Herbert, Saskatchewan , S0H2A0
Grace Community Church (MB) Profile
A Family of Love and Caring
A little about us:
Grace Community Church is a small town Church located in the friendly community of Herbert, Saskatchewan. Our Sunday morning worship services are set in a very relaxed atmosphere and begin with a time of fellowship over coffee and muffins in the foyer. Next we engage in a time of worship in song led by a number of different teams followed by a sermon. We are affiliated with the Saskatchewan Conference of MB Churches and what we believe can be found at www.skmb.ca
We are a body of believers who are seeking to honour God by following our mission statement: “Our mission is to love God and develop followers of Jesus Christ.” We currently have the majority of our ministries centered around young families as well as our young children’s programs which have become very active and vibrant. At present we have 3 childrens Sunday School classes and offer Childrens Church and babysitting during the Sunday morning message.
Grace Community church also partners with the Herbert Community Youth Ministry (HCYM) which is a joint project supported by the churches of Herbert, named “The Cube”. This ministry is for Herbert and the surrounding area youth which employs a full time youth Pastor. We support The Cube in prayer, financially and have a number of our church family members serving as youth sponsors.
We are a multi-generational Church who wants to see people of all ages come to a saving faith in Christ. Traditionally we have been a very giving Church and we are still dedicated to having a heart for missions and would love to begin to see mission teams going out from our Church once again. At this time our average Sunday morning attendance is 60 – 70 people in addition to the small groups and prayer meetings that meet throughout the week. We are not afraid to take risks and make changes when we believe that God is calling us to change.
Who we are looking for:
We are searching for a Jesus centered man whose love for his saviour is evident to all who meet him. Someone who is not afraid to energetically and clearly preach the Biblical truths boldly with the goal of driving our congregation towards a more Christ centered life. The ideal candidate will be an energetic people person who loves people and will take the initiative to connect with people and build relationships. We are not so much seeking an office bound person but rather someone who wants to interact with the people of the Church throughout the week wherever they may be as well as being involved with the community. We want him to show us how to take the gospel into the community. Because we are a rural Church with a small paid staff (Lead Pastor, Secretary, Janitor) someone who is self-motivated and can work well as part of a team would be ideal. He must fit with the Biblical outlines in 1 Timothy 3 : 1 – 7 and Titus 1 : 6 – 9. Our future shepherd must have strong Biblical knowledge and an unyielding determination to expand the kingdom of God in our Church, in our community and to the ends of the earth. The successful candidate must be credentialed with the SKMB.
A little about our community:
Herbert is a small town located 25 minutes east of Swift Current on the Trans-Canada highway with a population of around 800. We are largely agriculture based but have been growing in other industries as well. Our community has many services such as a K – 12 public school, outdoor swimming pool, Co-op gas station & hardware centre, library, grocery store, sports complex with an active hockey program, 3 sheet curling rink, a couple of restaurants, Herbert MCC Thrift Shop, fire department, post office, two senior care homes, Doctor and hospital, pharmacy, seniors drop in center, machine shop, local newspaper a number of hairdressers and Credit Union.
Herbert is close to many amenities and services such as:
- Swift Current, located 25 minutes west of Herbert, is a town of approximately 16,000 people and offers a shopping mall, Walmart, movie theatre, two golf courses, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, movie theatre, bowling, art gallery, museum, Mennonite Heritage Village, to name a few.
- Lake Diefenbaker, located 45 minutes north of Swift Current, with 800 kilometres of shoreline, it is the largest body of water in Southern Saskatchewan. It is known for golfing, camping, boating and world class walleye fishing.
- The Great Sandhills, located 159 km north of Swift Current. The region contains one of the largest set of active sand dunes in Canada, which draws visitors from across the country.
- Cypress Hills, located 156 km south west of Swift Current. For many, this has been a gathering place, and people have camped in the hills for centuries. Today, you can camp in these same hills, fly-fish the streams, hike the trails and zipline through the trees. The park is home to rare wild flowers, 220 species of birds and 47 mammals including moose, elk, deer, antelope and cougar.
- Temple Gardens Hotel and Spa, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, 154 km east of Herbert. Located in historic downtown Moose Jaw, Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa offers the ultimate Saskatchewan escape.
After prayerful consideration if this position is something that you believe God is calling you to, please feel free to direct any questions or your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites you may be interested in:
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9144 ]