Bridgeway Church is a Presbyterian church. It has 200+ members with 35 children ranging from Gr. 1-6.
We are looking for a Children Ministry pastor who will not only lead its Sunday worship and Friday night Bible study but also be a member of Bridgeway Church for the long haul.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Love for God, His people and the ministry of His Word.
- Theological education: seminarian or seminary graduate
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ministry experience (e.g. 5 years)
- Equipping parents to teach the Word to their own children.
- Equipping parents to be godly parents.
- Develop good relationships and communication with parents.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers/teachers to develop relationship with Christ.
- Equipping teachers to enjoy teaching and interacting with children.
- Discipling the children to have intimate relationship with God through various means of teaching such as Sunday preaching and Friday night bible study.
- Curriculum: choose/create and teach curriculums specific to the various age groups (JK/SK, Grades 1-3, Grades 4-6).
- Vacation Bible School: plan, organize and implement a week-long program during the early part of the summer
- Retreat: develop and run children's program at church-wide retreat
- Develop special services with staff. E.g. Christmas, Easter service, etc.
- Worship: attending Sunday worship and staff meetings (Sunday) as well as ad hoc meetings as required.
- Working with the Children's Director to ensure all administrative and logistical tasks are met.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate and preach
- Grow in Christian walk.
- Creativity and energetic attitude toward ministry.
Hours: 10 hours/week
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 9157 ]