Youth Ministry Coordinator
Youth Ministry Coordinator
Richmond, British Columbia , V6X 4K1
To work with the Associate Pastor in Youth & Children Ministry to develop the Youth Ministry of Koinonia Evangelical Church.
The primary responsibility of the Youth Ministry Coordinator is to collaborate with the Associate Pastor to oversee the development of the youth ministry.
Tasks will include but not limited to:
- Coordinate youth ministry administrative tasks
- Support servant recruitment, scheduling and preparations
- Support Sunday worship program preparation, briefing and debriefing and follow up on action items
- Support high school and college small group programs
- Support outreach, outings, camps and retreats activities
- Meet regularly with the staff team and team leaders to provide support for ministry development
- Collaborate with other ministry teams
- Support annual budget and expense management
Upon completion of a Master’s Degree in Christian Studies or equivalent, this position has the potential to turn into Assistant Pastor in Youth Ministry.
- Associate Pastor – Report and be accountable to the Associate Pastor
- Ministry Teams – Work with other ministry teams to coordinate youth ministry logistics
- Youth Ministry Team – Collaborate and work with team leaders
- Youth Ministry servants – Coordinate and facilitate servants
- Youth and families – Provide support to youth and families
- Possess spiritual and emotional maturity; believe in sound doctrines; demonstrate character of Christ-likeness; desire continuous spiritual growth
- Completed an undergraduate degree (or 3rd year college student) and has at least 2 years of relevant experience in the youth ministry
- Self-motivated, good time management, strong administrative abilities and attention to details
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software, Google applications, cloud services required
- A good communicator, a strong team worker with good people skills and competent conflict resolution experience
- Willing to submit and follow the ministry philosophy of the Lead Pastoral Team
- A lifetime learner in leadership, ministry, and discipleship
- Work on Saturday and evening as needed
- Experience in volunteer management an asset
- Experience in youth ministry curriculum planning an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English (Spoken Cantonese an asset, but not required)
- Current First Aid certification preferred, but not required
- Criminal record check required
All interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter indicating how that meet the qualifications of the position to: email@example.com.
Please quote the job title on the subject line when applying by email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9163 ]