Markham Missionary Church is part of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada (EMCC).
- Purpose: Lead Markham Missionary Church’s Junior and Senior High youth program.
- Hours: 15 - 20 hours per week with the possibility of additional hours in future.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
MMC has an opportunity for a part-time Youth Director. You must have a passion for youth ministry and a pastoral heart to see youth grow in their relationship with Christ.
The Youth Director will feel a call of God upon their life to youth ministry, will be mature in their Christian walk, and recognized for their spiritual qualifications. The Youth Director must agree with the doctrine and constitution of Markham Missionary Church.
The Youth Director will seek to provide an environment where youth have an opportunity to grow as whole persons, strengthening their relationship with Jesus Christ. They will develop leadership among the young people and give opportunity for the exercising of spiritual gifts. Growth in and through worship is an important part of this ministry. The Director should also have meaningful social contacts with the young people.
- Able to express their sense of calling to ministry
- Experienced in leading youth in a Christian environment
- Should hold or be working towards a recognized degree in Christian ministry
Experience in leading and developing youth worship (music ministry), as well as audio-visual skills, though not required, would be an asset.
- Oversee the spiritual growth of Junior and Senior High youth
- Teach, encourage, and shepherd those engaged in the ministry towards spiritual growth, discipleship, and servant leadership
- Encourage the youth to take up serving opportunities in the church and the community as a means of service to the Lord, training for future careers, and potential experience gained
- Develop opportunities for ministry into the community surrounding MMC
- Create opportunities for youth to bring their friends into contact with the gospel
- Ensure students and parents are regularly contacted (e.g. regarding attendance, outreach, questions)
- Maintain consistent, effective communication with parents and youth on upcoming events, as well as church staff for general calendar planning and congregational communication
- Participate in Christian Education Committee meetings, representing youth ministry needs and concerns
- Ensure that all volunteer leaders are in compliance with MMC’s Plan to Protect policy.
- Continue personal, spiritual, and professional development
- Develop strategic plans for both age groups, including quarterly calendars, goals and objectives, programming, etc.
- Oversee Youth outreach events as assigned by the Lead Pastor & Elders Council.
There may be other tasks or responsibilities assigned by the Elders and/or Lead Pastor which, if added, would take into consideration the time required for current responsibilities.
The Youth Director reports directly to the Lead Pastor. Performance reviews will be administered by the Elders Council and / or Lead Pastor. The Youth Director will provide an annual Youth Director’s Report as part of the MMC Annual Report.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you feel called to this role. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you sincerely for your interest.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9168 ]