Status: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hour/week)
Work Location: 502 Spadina Ave
The Potwasher will be based in 502 Spadina Ave and report to the Food Service Supervisor. The Potwasher will be working closely in the kitchen with the food service team to provide hot meal service for the clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters of the kitchen as delegated by the Food Service Supervisor/Manager
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and utensils used in food preparation, cooking and hot meals daily
- Responsible in storing and organizing all food service equipment in respective places
- Report all necessary repairs to the Food Service Supervisor
- Clean out fridges, freezers and storeroom, wash and sanitize them
- Assist in bag lunch preparation and serving in the dining room
- Assist in food preparation in the kitchen
- Sweeping, mopping, taking out garbage daily including all other opening and closing duties
- Previous pot washing/ cleaning experience an asset
- Current Food Handling Certificate
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to communicate well and work as a team player
- Ability to work in hot and cold temperature
- Physical stamina to stand, lift pots and other equipment while washing
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements. Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 9170 ]