Waterloo, Ontario , N2K 2E1
WMB Church is seeking our next Lead Pastor(s) to continue the vision and mission by providing leadership as we emerge from the pandemic for our church community and our 20+ person staff team. WMB Church is a vibrant and diverse community of 800+ attendees who engage across 2 campuses and online ministry. We prefer a co-leadership model, with two, full-time Lead Pastors reporting to the Leadership Board to align with our collaborative leadership and shared discernment model.
Vision: To be a people transformed by Jesus Christ with faith to change the world.
Mission: WMB is a covenant community called by God through Jesus Christ to make more and better disciples of all people by calling them to join us in responding to God’s love through repentance, baptism and love for God and neighbour.
In this multi-faceted role our Lead Pastor(s) will be responsible for:
- Strategic Leadership: collaborate with Leadership Board for strategic direction of church
- Teaching/Preaching Ministry: primary teaching pastor and leadership to the teaching team.
- Financial and Administrative Oversight
- Senior Leadership Team and Overall Ministry Oversight
- Leadership Community and Leadership Development: together with the Leadership Board, creating and modelling a culture that empowers and develops both staff and lay leaders to 1) discern together how God is leading WMB Church and 2) to lead healthy, vibrant ministries.
- External Partnerships
- Pastoral Care
Character Traits, Experience, and Education
- Is a committed, passionate disciple of Jesus Christ
- Demonstrates the characteristics of a spiritual leader
- Has a strong track record of servant-leadership with team building experience in a large church or ministry organization; multi-site church experience is beneficial
- Demonstrates humility, emotional maturity, and self-awareness
- Possesses strong communication and teaching/preaching gifting
- Thrives in a collaborative ministry environment and in ministry partnerships
- Is adaptive and both eager and able to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty in our post-pandemic environment
- Is a life-long learner with a deep biblical-theological maturity
- Is a strategic, forward-looking thinker and planner
- Master of Divinity Degree or its equivalent
- Is currently, or is willing to be, credentialed with the Canadian and Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, and be in agreement with the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9180 ]