Komoka, Ontario , N0L 1R0
Awana International Canada is a ministry focused on partnering with the local church in order to reach kids with the gospel, equip leaders as disciple-makers and change the world for Jesus. In all positions at Awana, it is foundational that your personal life and goals as a team member of AIC are to live for the Lord Jesus Christ above all else and represent him well in the work you do.
We want everyone on our team to be outstanding supporters of the vision and mission of Awana. Providing great resources, support, and excellent service for our partnered churches and our team in the field, are top priorities. These priorities drive our goals and expectations.
The person we are looking for is highly adaptable and able to shift priorities quickly based on the seasonal needs of the ministry. This person should be personable and able to communicate well with our partner churches in order to answer their administrative and financial inquiries. Our team is fun and works hard to get tasks done with excellence. Bringing new team members on is an exciting opportunity for us but is done with a great deal of caution to ensure the culture of our team continues to grow positively.
Positivity - Flexibility - Fun - Hardworking - Attention to detail - Leader - Responsible - Trustworthy
The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the accounting/financial activities of Awana Canada and to the overall support and enhance the functioning of the Finance Department. This person will also be responsible for some customer interactions and administrative support as required. The Bookkeeper position reports to the Finance Manager and Director of Operations.
- Maintain accurate records
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Daily financial entries and reconciliations
- Process monthly expenses
- Manage intercompany transfers and wire transfers
- Audit prep
- Taxation and receipting
- Catalogue review and support
- Answer incoming calls and work with customers through account inquiries and invoice payments or adjustments.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Experience working as a bookkeeper 3+ years
- Experience interfacing with customers and a good understanding of customers in a ministry environment
- An asset would be to have a familiarity with a church/mission-based/para-church organization or with experience in the charitable sector
- Advanced computer skills with good knowledge of Quickbooks and other accounting software.
- Basic understanding of CCCC’s and CRA regulations and reporting requirements
- Knowledge and experience in Payroll Accounting (ADP) would be a great asset to have for this position
- Able to manage rapidly shifting priorities
Hours and Office
- This person will work in our Komoka ON office
- Office hours are Monday through Friday 9-4
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based on experience - TBD
- Full benefits package available
- GRSP option available
- 4 weeks vacation (2 set weeks over Christmas)
All applicants should send their cover and resume to Kerry Provost at email@example.com.
Awana International Canada is an equal opportunity employer and accepts all resumes for review. Once the review is complete, we will contact applicants that we feel fit the needs of the ministry. Not all applicants will receive a response but we do appreciate the submissions.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 9183 ]