Associate Worship Pastor
Associate Worship Pastor
Toronto, Ontario , M2N 3B6
Department: Worship Arts
Reports to: Worship Arts Pastor
Direct reports: None
The Peoples Church is passionate about sharing the life changing message of Jesus both here in Toronto, and around the world. Our worship services are gospel-centered and globally informed and reflects our diverse make up with over 120 different nationalities represented. We are home to more than 3,000 members from a wide variety of backgrounds, generations, and perspectives, brought together by the Father, through the sacrifice of the Son, in the power of the Holy Spirit. We want all people to experience Christ, embrace community, and engage globally. Our ministry is supported by a staff team of 40 who are inspired by our mission – Growing the body of Christ for God’s global mission.
We Are Seeking
- A Worshiper who is: Submitted to the Lordship of Christ, in love with Jesus, Spirit-filled and Spirit-led in speech and action in public and private - the kind of person that isn’t ashamed of the gospel or expressing their adoration of the Father
- A Brother/Sister who is: Fun, loyal, forgiving, honest, sensitive but not guarded, committed to healthy relationships and following Christ in community - the kind of person that invests in people because they value them for who they are, not just what they can do
- A Teammate who is: Servant-hearted, joyful, a doer, a creator, an encourager, prepared, adaptable to last-minute changes, not easily offended - the kind of person that looks to the needs of others and asks how they can help
- A Leader who is: Anointed, musically excellent, a clear communicator, a team-builder, a risk-taker, a catalyst, able to turn "vision into action" - the kind of person that people want to follow and imitate
- A Pastor who is: Wise, a skilled shepherd, a compassionate listener, an includer, a mentor who develops others by speaking the truth-in-love - the kind of person that helps others grow in their understanding of God and their relationship with Him
The Associate Worship Pastor (AWP) models and facilitates authentic, pure, Biblical worship of Jesus Christ for our church family. The AWP oversees the people who contribute musically to our Sunday worship services, shepherding them in their skill, character, and theology. The AWP is responsible for the leading, programming, scheduling, and rehearsing of congregational worship elements and contributes significantly to the artistic life of the church. The incumbent functions as a member of the Worship Arts team and will work closely with the Worship Arts Pastor to understand and undertake the responsibilities listed below.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please apply and reference #TPCAWP22 in your cover letter. Please apply on or before July 15, 2022.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Peoples Church strive to continually lead with our values and are committed to having a staff team that represents the communities that we serve. The Peoples Church is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR Director of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9203 ]