Young Adults Pastor
Young Adults Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L6B 1A8
As the Young Adults Pastor, your primary objective is to develop young adults (18 – 35) as Jesus-centered disciples and to help them clarify and live out their unique God-given callings at home, work, school and beyond. You will pastor this generation of leaders in line with Cornerstone’s purpose - shepherding them as they develop a biblical worldview in an increasingly post-modern world and preparing them to lead, not just now but also in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong discipleship and people development skills. You must be culturally attuned and biblically grounded in order to help this generation navigate their current cultural context.
- Discipleship: Equip, resource and empower young adults to grow spiritually, mentally, and emotionally to become lifelong followers of Jesus in alignment with Cornerstone’s Discipleship Pathway.
- Leadership Development: Mobilize, coach, and empower young adults to serve on a leadership team to help direct this ministry.
- Gatherings: Create mid to larger-size spaces for Young Adults to gather and to invite their friends where relationships can be developed, organic conversations about faith can happen, and discipleship can take place. Examples of such spaces are mid-week gatherings, community events and retreats.
- Outreach: Working with Outreach Director, mobilize young adults to serve in local and global outreaches and mission trips.
- Groups: Working with Group Life Pastor, creating spaces for young adults to gather in small groups for discipleship.
- Care: Provide pastoral care, mentoring, counselling and support to young adults as required.
- Ministry Strategy: In line with Cornerstone’s Ministry Strategy Funnel, develop a ministry strategy to reach young adults both online and in-person.
- Other responsibilities as assigned from time to time by Executive Team.
- Master’s degree in theological studies.
- 3+ years of experience, in North America, in a ministry or church environment, working with young adults preferred.
- Demonstrated background in leadership, counseling and/or pastoring.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent collaboration skills with peers, teamwork orientation with strong relationship management skills.
- Strong evidence of a Christ-centered life with a clear calling to develop this generation of leaders.
- Meets the biblical qualifications for leadership.
- Agrees and aligns with the vision, mission, values and statement of faith at Cornerstone
- Full-time, salaried position
- Target Start Date – January 1, 2022
- Must complete Vulnerability Sector Screening
- Must become a member of Cornerstone
- This role requires working on Sundays
- This role may involve occasional travel locally and globally
- Reports to Discipleship Pastor
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9228 ]