Ottawa, Ontario , K1N 5W8
As a marketing officer at Cardus, you’ll wear several hats (but which marketer doesn’t, after all?):
- You’ll be a content marketing expert, making sure four decades’ worth of think tank research reaches and lands well with our key audiences.
- You’ll be an audience development manager, staying on top of our contact lists and newsletter subscriptions by both knowing and growing our audiences.
- You’ll be a managing editor, keeping our website and social media channels humming, current, and interesting to our audiences.
You’re planning and organizing our marketing efforts, but you’re also acting on those plans. You’ve got it covered from inception to implementation – and measuring the results as you go along.
The Marketing Officer is the single point of contact through whom all of Cardus’s web and email content, and most of Cardus’s social media content, enters the world. The last pair of hands on most front-facing Cardus communications. This means your writing doesn’t need adult supervision, you ARE the adult supervision.
Success for the Marketing Officer depends on excellent and concise writing, and is measured by web-based leads, by email interactions, by social engagement, and by certain trackable revenue (donation and subscription) streams.
The Marketing Officer excels at tracking these indicators for proper decision-making. The day-to-day responsibilities of the Marketing Officer include scheduling, creating, and coordinating email campaigns, web lead generation, and social media campaigns; SEO optimization; and tracking all channel results.
So, if your copy sparkles, you like staying on the sunny side (we’re heavy on the smiles, light on the frowns around here), and can create and stick to an awesome publishing schedule, apply today. We want to hear from you.
Work Hours and Environment
The Marketing Officer requires attendance in one of the Cardus offices Monday to Friday. Some remote work is negotiable. Some travel will be required, up to 10 days/year.
- Cardus will provide desk space, a laptop computer, and desk phone
- This position requires the ability to sit at a desk for longer periods of time, dexterity in typing and the ability to lift 10 lbs. (i.e. boxes, dishware, chairs)
Core Competencies and Responsibilities
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate deep commitment to the mission and vision of Cardus. We are looking for detail in your cover letter, or your application will not be considered.
- Creative and compelling writer: A storyteller at heart. Nothing florid or wordy. You write to be understood and remembered.
- Able to pull an intriguing narrative out of numbers and data with ease.
- Attention to detail.
- Tailoring content to audiences.
- Well-versed in social media.
- Well-versed in analytics.
- Attentive to Canadian current affairs and the basic political and social landscape.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Able to engage and communicate practical and academic research.
- Accountable and dependable.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Word, Excel) assumed.
- Expertise in Google Analytics, Pardot email marketing, WordPress publishing, and Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Proven track record of successful business marketing via social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and email platforms.
50% Create and coordinate email campaigns and automations
- Determine which topics and which content to map to which audience segments on which frequencies
- Coordinate all mass emailing via a central calendar, with collaboration of full communications team
- Design compelling and responsive email templates and content
- Design marketing automations for effective nurturing of audiences along their journeys with Cardus: mixing and matching and reusing content to move audiences from unaware to supportive
25% Create and coordinate web and social content
- Develop style guidelines and voices for each channel
- Plan, create, and schedule all web and social assets
- Develop site maps and web structures and content to increase audience attraction and retention
- Develop and execute SEO guidelines to ensure audiences searching online can find Cardus content
- Develop business rules to identify how web content should be assembled automatically upon customer request
- Listen and interact as Cardus’s voice on all social platforms, for all Cardus products except Comment Magazine and Convivium
25% Monitor and improve
- Track, report, and improve content delivery and promotion on all channels, according to specific success measures
Who We Are
Cardus is a public-policy think tank aimed at renewing North America’s social architecture. Drawing on 2,000 years of Christian social thought, we bring credible public research to bear on concrete needs.
How to Apply
Please prepare a cover letter that specifically describes the extent to which you meet each of the qualifications that we are seeking. Combine and upload your cover letter and resume/CV into one file. You can apply directly by emailing to Daniel Proussalidis (firstname.lastname@example.org), Cardus - Director of Communications. We will review applications as they are received, and the position will be posted until filled. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 9247 ]