Youth Associate Pastor
Youth Associate Pastor
- Department: Congregational Life Reports
- Reports To: Congregational Life Pastor
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Status: Part-time contract – Approx. 26 hours/week (Fridays and Sundays mandatory)
At The Peoples Church, we want our congregation to experience Christ, to be in enriched communities and engage their world. Our desire is to grow the body of Christ for God’s global mission. It is to that end that the Youth Associate is passionate about seeing youth develop their relationship with Jesus and be on mission with Him. This person will be responsible for the development and oversight of our Junior High ministry (grade 7 & 8), while supporting the Youth & Young Adults Pastor with our Senior High (Grade 9-12) ministry, as required.
The Youth Associate Pastor will work closely with the Youth & Young Adults Pastor to plan and implement youth and family related ministry opportunities as well as partner with the Children’s Ministry to minister effectively to youth from Grade 7 to 12 to see them thriving in faith and achieving the mission and vision of The Peoples Church. The Youth Associate Pastor will support the Youth & Young Adults Pastor in the organization of ministry activities each Sunday morning with at least one monthly large event, ideally moving towards more frequent gatherings, retreat, missions, summer camp LIT programs, focused parent training, etc. The Youth Associate Pastor must be prepared to fill in when necessary and assist with keeping watch over the flock and coordinating various programs and meetings. The Youth Associate is expected to teach, reach, and minister to younger youth, strategize and develop programming under the direction of the Congregational Life Pastor.
Pastoral Care and Shepherding Youth:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of youth and family related ministry opportunities, in collaboration with TPC Children’s Ministry
- Oversee small group of young leaders and hold them accountable to their daily duties. Duties include:
- Develop student leadership program
- Recruit students to participate
- Evaluate student progress
- Lead weekly youth meetings where our youth are inspired to live gospel-centred & globally engaged lives
- Develop engaging and interactive initiatives for Sundays, ongoing outreach, student leadership, special events, trips, and retreats
- Mobilize, equip, and oversee volunteers, supervise other youth ministry staff, and establish clear ministry goals while providing on-going evaluation
- Be committed to the whole person development of each young person by creating opportunities for them to maintain a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
- Provide an opportunity for every youth to be part of a mission trip before they graduate high school.
- Foster strong relationships with the children’s ministry, assisting 5th and 6th grade students to transition well into middle school.
- Maintain and further develop ongoing partnerships with parents, vested congregational members, and various youth organizations
- Engage and interact with parents in developing strategies and resources for the spiritual growth and development of junior high and high school students
- Develop the mission and vision for the Junior High ministry in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of The Peoples Church
- Assist in the development and management of the youth ministry budget
- Participate in weekly team meetings as required
- Complete administrative tasks relative to youth programs
- Maintain healthy work relationships with others and liaise with parents
- Promote spiritual growth among themselves and other youth
- Other duties as assigned by the Congregational Life Pastor
- Must have a deep growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and support the Statement of Faith of The Peoples Church
- A passion to help all youth discover Jesus through worship and scripture
- Proven ability to supervise volunteers and raise youth leaders
- Displays strong moral character, integrity above reproach and honesty
- College Diploma or University Degree preferred
- Passionate and intuitive about the development, growth and thought processes of teens
- Experienced in working in an environment that is both culturally and ethnically diverse
- Technologically Savvy
- Skilled in organization, effective in communication and proficient in youth curriculum design
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with parents, youth, and various organizations
- Strong communication, time management and organization skills
- Ability to plan, develop, organize, and carry out ministry programs effectively
- Creative thinker, who is a team player with a positive attitude
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications an asset
- Quality, Ethics, and Integrity
- Accountability and Adaptability
- Time Management
- Planning & Organizing
- Creativity and Innovation
- Development and Continual Learning
- Vulnerability Sector Screening must be completed
- Interacts with others (children, parents, volunteers, staff) regularly
- Evenings and weekends are required.
- Occasional weekend shift may be required
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes to Employment@ThePeoplesChurch.ca. Kindly include “Youth Associate Pastor” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Peoples Church strive to continually lead with our values and are committed to having a staff team that represents the communities that we serve. The Peoples Church is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR Director of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9259 ]