Toronto, Ontario , M8Y 2V3
WITH GOD (Gospel Shaped Worship)
WITH PEOPLE (Christ Centred community)
IN MISSION (Spirit Empowered Service)
Avenue Community Church makes sense of our identity as the people of God by how we are formed around the Table. We worship at the Lord's Table on Sundays, where we retell the Gospel and see how blessed we are in Christ. We connect with one another in deep and significant ways around our tables during the week. We continue to serve the church, city, and world by preparing a table for others to meet with Jesus as we become given for the sake of others.
Avenue Community Church is looking for a senior pastor to lead our church. The anticipated start date is for January 2022.
Avenue Community Church is seeking an experienced pastor who is looking to join our church community focused on the values listed below. Our Sunday worship experience is an informal, casual time of contemporary and traditional music and we offer space for all ages to participate. We like to think that we are relaxed, yet reverent. Our programming includes various Life Groups for all members and various ministries for those with a servant heart.
Read about our church’s purpose, values, and Statement of Faith on our website.
Requirements and Key Responsibilities
- Reports to: Leadership Team
- Primary Duties:
- Preaching the Word of God
- Administering the ordinances
- Encouraging the spiritual growth of members and adherents
- Overseeing the worship services
- Providing leadership and support to the associate pastors and staff
- Providing spiritual guidance for the Leadership team
- Help complete Avenue’s 2021 Goals and Strategy (Renew, Rebuild, Unite)
Qualifications, Experiences and Beliefs
- Reflects the character and nature of Christ in their personal life and in their faith journey
- Demonstrates experience pastoring in various contexts including an appreciation of the unique complexities and issues of ministering in an urban environment
- Demonstrates experience leading an ethnically and generationally diverse church
- Leads pastoral, administrative and volunteer church staff in an inclusive and inspiring manner to enable their spiritual gifts to be fully expressed
- Has worked within the church infrastructure, building processes, creating structure and organizing staff
- Agrees with and models the stated values of Avenue Community Church and our values in conjunction with the Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada
- Must be an immersed believer of good report
- Has a high view of Scripture, is formed by it, and submits to it
- Believes in the inspiration and authority of Scripture
- Provides practical and applicable teachings from Scripture
- Demonstrates a passion to embrace the Avenue Church Community in love and fellowship
- Possesses a firm commitment and a heart for outreach within the community and the lives of the congregation
- Is proficient at leveraging technology and social platforms in ministry
- Demonstrates an unwavering focus on the goodness of God, has an openness to the ministry of the Holy Spirit and maintains a deep commitment to prayer
- Personal prayer, Bible study and reflection to inspire, direct and guide all pastoral duties
- Sermon preparation and delivery
- Pastoral care and counselling including meeting with members of the congregation and community to pray and talk through life and spiritual issues
- The completion of Avenue’s 2021 Goals and Strategy
- Oversee church activities, ministries and administration including Staff, Leadership Team and church communications
- Lead outreach initiatives as required
- Other pastoral duties and ministries including officiating weddings and funerals; guest speaking and hospitality
- Networking with other Christian ministries and community connections
- Will be part of the Leadership team to provide guidance and support
- Roles and responsibilities may change over time given the growth and spiritual needs of the congregation.
Salary: Competitive salary offered based on experience.
Ideally the successful candidate will be an ordained minister with 5+ years of pastoral experience. Must be willing to submit to a Vulnerable Sector Check (V.S.C) or provide a current document. Must be willing to become a member of Avenue Community Church. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9266 ]