Vaughan, Ontario , L4L 9T6
New Life Christian Church is a large growing church, located in the Greater Toronto Area of Vaughan. Prior to COVID-19, over 1,000 attendees enjoyed weekend services. The staff and congregation have recently completed a large building project with the anticipation of continued growth and Christ’s impact on our local community.
New Life Christian Church is seeking a Children’s Pastor who is both equipped and passionately called to serve Christ to this generation. The ideal candidate would have experience ministering to children and parents, as well as experience managing volunteers.
Schedule: 40 hours per week (exact days TBD in consultation with applicant). Salary is highly competitive ($60K+) and includes cell phone, health benefits, including a personal health care spending account. Salary will be commensurate with the chosen applicants’ qualifications and experience.
- Oversee all programming for children throughout the church.
- Establish and maintain a security system that protects children in our church’s care.
- Plan and oversee special events related to children and families.
- In consultation with other church leaders, define and follow a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision.
- Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about the accomplishments of the children’s ministry.
- Ensure children’s instruction is consistent with the doctrinal principals of the church.
- Manage all children’s ministry volunteers that work with children from infancy through sixth grade.
- Identify and execute ministry opportunities for children to participate in.
- Explore and implement technology in way that helps engage children with the gospel.
- Develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry.
- Research, review, and incorporate curriculum and resources that could be used for children’s ministry
- A certificate or diploma in Christian ministry.
- At least 2 years of ministry experience to children.
- A desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A clean background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technology adept and a desire to embrace emerging areas of children’s ministry.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 9274 ]