Port Hope, Ontario , L1A 4C5
Grace Evangelical Missionary Church is seeking a full-time Lead Pastor with the humility and integrity of a servant leader and a strong sense of call to pastoral ministry at Grace Church. The Lead Pastor is responsible for shepherding the Grace family by providing spiritual leadership through equipping, teaching and preaching to the glory of God.
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Compensation: A competitive wage to be determined with reference to EMCC Compensation Guidelines
The Lead Pastor is accountable to the Grace Board who is prayerfully voted in by the membership of Grace Church. The Lead Pastor will have a voice in Church matters. The Lead Pastor will participate in an annual evaluation process with the Grace Board.
- Demonstrates a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced in attention to personal prayer, regular personal devotions, and care for their soul.
- Demonstrates a consistent pattern of integrity, being honest and having strong ethical and moral principles and transparency with their values and beliefs.
- Demonstrates the quality of compassion and empathy, being able to understand and share the feelings and life situations of others.
- Demonstrates a strong Biblical foundation, walking in godliness, sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, and devoted to prayer.
- Demonstrates emotional health with a secure sense of identity and confidence in who God made them to be.
- Demonstrates the ability to find common ground and build unity in the Body.
- Demonstrates being teachable and has a commitment to being a life-long learner.
- Demonstrates competence in self-motivation, time management, organizational skills.
- Must be a strong communicator, using effective verbal and written skills to preach solid Biblical messages with a heart that demonstrates a love for God and compassion for His people in a way that multigenerational people will understand and be inspired towards the goal of spiritual maturity.
- Must be a visionary leader who seeks God’s vision and direction.
- Must develop an understanding of the giftings and culture of the congregation, in addition to the culture of the community.
- Must be committed to prayer, personally and corporately.
- Must demonstrate excellent inter-personal skills and work well with a broad spectrum of individuals and personalities both inside and outside the church community.
- Must be equipped and demonstrate the ability to serve alongside the Grace Church Board, our Congregational Care Pastor and Ministry Leaders, while supporting their growth as Leaders.
- Must be a person who embraces the call of God to reach our local and global communities for Christ and is able to lead others to do so.
- Must be a person who will love the church and see that it receives shepherd care.
- Must have effective conflict resolution skills.
- Must be self-motivated, have time management and organizational skills.
- Preach and teach the Word of God in regular Sunday morning services
- Participate in Grace Church prayer meetings
- Attend formal and informal Grace Church functions
- In conjunction with the Congregational Care Pastor, ensure pastoral care is provided to the Body and that newcomers are contacted as is deemed appropriate
- Motivate and equip the Body to discover and exercise their spiritual gifts to build up the Body and honour Christ
- Provide oversight to the worship in music ministry with consultation with the Grace Board
- Provide pre-marital preparation sessions to couples for weddings he/she will officiate, officiate at weddings, funerals, child dedications and believer’s baptism
- Give oversight to the offering of the Lord’s Supper
- Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, work with the Grace Board and Body as needed to discern and revise as needed, the vision and mission of Grace Church and move towards the fulfilment of it
- Be able to balance pastoral responsibilities with personal and family responsibilities
- Engage in a local ministerial to represent Grace Church and build relationships with the broader Body of Christ
Applying for the Position
Prior to submitting your application, please review the following documents:
- Congregational Profile
- Community Profile
If you wish to apply for this position, please include the following:
- A current resume with a recent photograph
- A one-page personal testimony of your conversion experience (if not included in your resume)
- A one to two-page philosophy of ministry (if not included in your resume)
- Links to at least two sermons accessible online if available
Candidates invited to be interviewed will be expected to provide an up-to-date Police Vulnerable Sector Check and two letters of reference (one personal and one professional) prior to their interview. Be assured we will first obtain your consent prior to making any contact with your references or current/former employers.
Please note candidates must be eligible to work in Canada as sponsorship will not be considered.
We encourage all applicants to apply immediately. We thank you for your interest. All applicants will be contacted in a timely manner. Please submit your application to the Grace Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9285 ]