Streetsville, Ontario , L5M 1L9
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Streetsville is looking for a key strategic leader to oversee the planning and execution of our creative worship experience that aligns with the vision and values of the church. This person should be passionate about multi-ethnic and multi-generational musical worship, the arts, discipleship, equipping leaders, and providing effective resources for a multi-dimensional congregation. The person will also train, equip, oversee, and care for the team of volunteers serving on the worship team.
Seminary or Bible College students are encouraged to apply.
Reports to: Pastor
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Streetsville was founded in 1822 and has serviced the historical village of Streetsville and its surrounding area for over 180 years. We are a growing missional, multi-generational and multicultural community of people learning to follow Jesus. We welcome you to visit our website for more details: https://standrewsstreetsville.ca
- Build worship team by providing leadership, coaching, and development for music talent within the church, and by expanding the leadership base of the ministry by identifying, inspiring, and mobilizing future worship leaders, music talent, and vocalists.
- Invite and encourage congregational gifts for a diverse worship participation.
Organization, Coordination, and Planning
- Oversee the worship music planning and direction for all services (weekly, special occasion and long-term), including the scheduling of volunteers and selections from a broad repertoire of music.
- Develop an annual worship ministry budget and be able to work within that budget, including the administration of any licenses and subscriptions in line with the budget.
- Prepare and organize rehearsals for singers, instrumentalists and worship teams
Team building and Collaboration
- Work collaboratively with the Pastor in the development of the overall worship experience. This will consist of weekly meetings with the Pastor to determine sermon topics and desired emphasis.
- Work in cooperation with other ministries such as the AV team to provide worship related support.
- Regularly communicate our worship vision and strategy in a clear and compelling manner to worship volunteers and congregation.
- Model the role of a worshipper and worship leader and inspiring our church family especially our youth in worship.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers, staff, and elders (Session)
- Meet weekly with the pastor to coordinate
- Seek out and plan opportunities for inclusion and integration of various art forms, expressions, and languages; encourage the creation of original works and arrangements by congregants.
Other responsibilities, as required.
- Strong leadership abilities with a track record of developing effective teams and/or music talents.
- 2+ years of experience participating in diverse worship teams.
- Demonstrated ability as an instrumentalist
- Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles
- Experience with or perspective on online/remote/hybrid worship (crucial during the pandemic, and will be valuable beyond the pandemic)
- Ability to work independently, multi‐task and remain resilient in a fluid environment.
- Strong project management and computer proficiency (databases, apps, file transfers)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proficiency in English
- A keen eye for detail, resourcefulness, artistic talent
- Outgoing, approachable, trustworthy, ethical
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music, Theology or related field (an asset)
Things to Note
- This is a part time position working 8 – 10 hours per week
- This is a one-year contract with the possibility of extension
- Remuneration is $1000.00 per month
Qualified candidates should forward their resume by no later than August 31, 2021.
If possible, please include a link to video of yourself leading worship. Applications will only be accepted by email. Only applicants fitting the job spec will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9287 ]