Worship & Youth Associate Pastor
Worship & Youth Associate Pastor
Scarborough, Ontario , M1M 2K1
Grace Place is an established church 60+ years with a diverse, multicultural and intergenerational congregation in Toronto’s inner suburb of Scarborough. We have a deep love for Jesus and a high view of Scripture. We are a church that believes in being Jesus’ hands and feet. Our major outreach ministry is a full-time food bank ministry serving 1000+ people weekly which is bringing many opportunities to evangelize to the community, including youth in our neighbourhood. Our current staff consists of a Lead Pastor, Office Administrator, two food bank coordinators, part time Custodian and Children’s director.
We are looking for a full-time Youth & Worship Associate Pastor to start ASAP (ideally September) to work alongside our Lead Pastor and expand our team!
He will work closely and support the Lead Pastor to advance the vision of Grace Place by primarily leading worship on Sunday, prayer meetings and at other services as well as developing our youth to be followers of Jesus.
- Lead worship on Sunday mornings, weekly prayer meetings and for other services with a blended worship style (worship songs and hymns). Develop worshippers with a particular focus on the youth.
- Develop a ministry to disciple the church youth to develop a deep relationship with Jesus as well as build relationships with unchurched youth in our community (especially through relationships developed from the food bank ministry).
- Work as part of a team while developing strong relationships with the congregation
- Support the Lead Pastor, including oversight of the food bank ministry
- Preach/teach at Sunday services (average once per month).
- Attend/assist in leading a small group.
- Participate in pastoral duties e.g. hospital visits, bereavements, counselling.
- Be in agreement with Grace Place’s Statement of Faith www.graceplacetoronto.com/statement-of-faith
- Have a passion for Jesus and for evangelizing to the local community.
- Be able to relate to various family dynamics and challenges within families
- Personable disposition that allows for working with a multicultural and intergenerational congregation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A spirit of humility, mercy and integrity to follow God’s leading without being authoritative.
- Be teachable and constantly seeking ways to improve and learn from others.
- To be perceptive and discerning with regards to tradition and change
- Able to expedite times of transition as smoothly and fluidly as possible.
- A knowledge of spiritual gifts especially his own and empower the congregation to understand and use their gifts.
- Ability to mentor future leaders (e.g. Paul with Timothy).
- Places his own family above the ministry.
- Meet the scriptural qualifications for Elder as set out in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
- 1-3 years of experience in ministry; either through employment or volunteer work (e.g. Youth pastor, worship team, Parachurch organization, etc.)
- Musical ability. Knowledge of piano/keyboard ideal, other instruments an asset.
- Knowledge of new Christian worship as well as hymns.
- Experience working in an urban/inner city environment an asset
- Proven track record of being able to deliver compelling, relevant yet Scripturally sound teaching to young people.
- Minimum education requirement: Undergraduate degree (or near completion) in Biblical study or related field from an accredited institution.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Works in a team with the Board of Elders
- Willing to develop a community of other pastors for support and encouragement.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary & benefits.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9303 ]