Family Ministries Pastor - Oakville
Family Ministries Pastor - Oakville
The Pastor, Family Ministries ensures those who attend the Site are connecting in community, receiving meaningful pastoral care, and they understand that calling people to serve is inviting them to be a part of the work that God is doing through the local church. They hold the operational standards and are responsible for executing events, recruiting and managing the volunteer leads, overseeing and maintaining the vision and responsibilities for Family Ministries.
- People Focus: Understands the needs and concerns of colleagues, volunteers, and attendees. Collaborates well with others and has a servant attitude.
- Leadership: Is a catalyzer of people. Able to identify, recruit, develop, motivate and oversee volunteer teams and leaders, as well as cast vision and inspire; equipping the church.
- Team Collaboration: Able to work well with a variety of team members and positions to achieve strategic goals on multiple projects.
- Flexible Thinking: Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively adapt to a variety of situations.
- Thoroughness: Ensures that one’s own work and that of others are complete and accurate. Follows up to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Communication: Able to use multiple channels or means to communicate information. Effectively communicates verbally as well as in writing to individuals and groups. Proactively anticipates what needs to be communicated.
- Provides management and development of the Family Ministries team, and is accountable for evaluating the ministries and ensures strategic accomplishment of the vision.
- Provides oversight and assumes ownership for the operational standards of all Family Ministry initiatives, classes, and training.
- Holds ultimate accountability for all Family Ministry events.
- Ensures recruitment, development, discipleship, appreciation, supervision, and support for Leads and teams.
- Collaborates with Lead Pastor on yearly strategy (calendar and budget), and facilitates team involvement.
- Understands and models the Volunteer Appreciation Strategy.
- Facilitates counselling, care, and connection for team members and individuals within Family Ministries.
- Ensures the overall guest experience meets the standards of excellence as defined in the Site/Central handbook.
- Collaborates with high level leaders at the Site and Central level.
- Oversees the management of the Family Ministries communication platforms.
- Administrates the database.
- Oversees the management of all Family Ministries equipment and supplies for Sundays and events.
- Supports Lead Pastor with membership interviews, donor relations, and baptisms.
- Participates in Village-wide and regional events.
- Ensures all responsibilities are completed in a purposeful, strategic and focused manner that points people to Jesus.
- Acts as a servant by inviting, discipling, training and equipping others to serve.
- Ensures all responsibilities are produced, promoted and lead with a high level of innovation and excellence, honouring God at the highest level.
- Acts with a sense of ambitious urgency, ensuring all work is completed wisely and impactfully. Time is a gift from God, so make it count.
- Maintains an openness to being a learner by committing to continuous spiritual, professional, and self development.
- Contributes to the best team culture by participating joyfully and working well with peers.
- Commits to thanking at least one volunteer on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrates behaviour consistent with the Standard of Conduct as outlined in the Village Staff Manual.
- The effectiveness of lives being transformed by the Gospel is increasing according to the recommended rate of growth as outlined in the Family Ministries Guide, and are being tracked through serving, Sunday and midweek group attendance, baptisms, and giving.
- Volunteers serve joyfully and authentically out of the Good News that we are redeemed and have purpose in Jesus. Everything we do points back to this.
- Families, Leads, and volunteers continue to grow and become Christ-like disciples and disciple-makers.
- Volunteer teams are healthy in number and commitment; they are equipped, engaged, and appreciated.
- People are given the opportunity to use their gifts and talents in high capacity volunteer roles - entering into the work that Christ is doing through the local church.
- There are strong relationships and partnerships are being fostered with families and key leaders.
- Family Ministry events are being executed.
- Culture is being considered in every aspect of the ministry. There is awareness of the audience, and an understanding of the brokenness of the world in real life - how to enter into it, and why we all need the gospel.
- Teams are representing the truths of Christianity to the world in insightful, creative, and unexpected ways - going into the surrounding culture to bring Jesus to everyone.
- Pursues relationships with unchurched people - connecting with them, inviting them to events and Sunday services.
- Philosophically aligned with Village Church Mission, Focus and strategy.
- Fulfills character qualifications as highlighted in 1 Timothy and Titus.
- Fulfill the duties required of Village Church members as outlined in the ‘This is Village Church’ course.
- Pursues a deeper relationship with Christ and greater spiritual growth through prayer, the gospel, and community. Is a disciple.
- Has spiritual gifts and skill sets that include: shepherding, leadership, discernment, and administration.
- Must have proven experience leading and managing teams.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the Bible.
- Has experience serving the local church.
- Has passion and skill for leading families, adults, and volunteers.
- Is an exceptional verbal and written communicator; can rally and encourage parents as they disciple their children.
- 40 hrs/week
- Flexible schedule, evenings and Sundays
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9320 ]