Ministry Associate - Oakville
Ministry Associate - Oakville
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The Ministry Associate is responsible to ensure that those who attend the Site are connecting in community, receiving meaningful pastoral care, and they understand that calling people to serve is inviting them to be a part of the work that God is doing through the local church. This position provides leadership development, ensures the success of Sunday and midweek operations, collaborates with event planning, and provides administrative oversight.
- People Focus: Understands the needs and concerns of colleagues, volunteers, and attendees. Collaborates well with others and has a servant attitude.
- Leadership: Is a catalyzer of people. Able to identify, recruit, develop, motivate and oversee volunteer teams and leaders, as well as cast vision and inspire; equipping the church.
- Team Collaboration: Able to work well with a variety of team members and positions to achieve strategic goals on multiple projects.
- Flexible Thinking: Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively adapt to a variety of situations.
- Thoroughness: Ensures that one’s own work and that of others are complete and accurate. Follows up to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Communication: Able to use multiple channels or means to communicate information.
- Effectively communicates verbally as well as in writing to individuals and groups.
- Proactively anticipates what needs to be communicated.
- Leads and manages volunteer teams by recruiting, training, developing, and supervising
- Leads and volunteers.
- Oversees Local Missions at the Site, in collaboration with the Lead Pastor, including responsibility for engagement, goal setting and reporting.
- Forecasts the ministry budget in collaboration with the Site Leadership team.
- Collaborates with the Lead Pastor on yearly strategy, setting the ministry calendar, and facilitating team involvement.
- Understands and models the Volunteer Appreciation Strategy of the Site, ensuring volunteers are connected and feel appreciated and supported.
- Ensures the overall guest experience meets Village standards of excellence, as defined in the Site/Central handbook.
- Serves as Interim Team Member, Ministry Lead, or Guest Services Site Lead, as needed.
- Manages ministry operations, communication, and communication platforms.
- Manages Village Connect database administration, ensuring accurate and timely reporting and that follow-up or next steps are executed with each request within their area of oversight.
- Manages all relevant equipment and supplies.
- Assumes ownership and oversight of You Make it Happen classes.
- Provides oversight of the Emergency Response Plan (ERP), ensuring implementation and compliance.
- Manages the administration of midweek classes offered at the Site.
- Collaborates with the internal Central teams and liaises with Central support.
- Supports the Lead Pastor with membership and baptism processes.
- Follows the Event Process, leading and administrating ministry-specific events and classes at the Site.
- Ensures all responsibilities are completed in a purposeful, strategic and focused manner that points people to Jesus.
- Acts as a servant by inviting, discipling, training and equipping others to serve.
- Ensures all responsibilities are produced, promoted and lead with a high level of innovation and excellence, honouring God at the highest level.
- Acts with a sense of ambitious urgency, ensuring all work is completed wisely and impactfully. Time is a gift from God.
- Maintains an openness to being a learner by committing to continuous spiritual, professional, and self development.
- Contributes to the best team culture by participating joyfully and working well with peers.
- Commits to thanking at least one volunteer on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrates behaviour consistent with the Standard of Conduct as outlined in the Village Staff Manual.
- Volunteers serve joyfully and authentically out of the Good News that we are redeemed and have purpose in Jesus. Everything we do points back to this.
- Guests and volunteers continue to grow and become Christ-like disciples and disciple-makers.
- The effectiveness of lives being transformed by the Gospel is increasing and being tracked through numbers of people serving, becoming members, in missional communities, through engagement with the communication, and financially supporting the mission.
- People are given the opportunity to use their gifts and talents in high capacity volunteer roles - entering into the work that Christ is doing through the local church.
- There is unity in the church and strong relationships and partnerships with key leaders.
- Volunteer teams are healthy in number and commitment; they are equipped, engaged, and appreciated.
- Teams are representing the truths of Christianity to the world in insightful, creative, and gracious ways - going into the surrounding culture to bring Jesus to everyone.
- There are intentional and growing Local Mission initiatives and partnerships, and there are regular connections with those who aren’t well connected.
- Relationships are being pursued with unchurched people - connecting with them, inviting them to events and Sunday services.
- Philosophically aligned with Village Church Mission, Focus and strategy.
- Fulfills character qualifications as highlighted in 1 Timothy and Titus.
- Fulfill the duties required of Village Church members as outlined in the ‘This is Village Church’ course.
- Pursues a deeper relationship with Christ and greater spiritual growth through prayer, the gospel, and community. Is a disciple.
- Proven strengths in leadership, administration, the ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Experience in serving the local church is an asset, but not limited to vocational ministry.
- Has strong project management skills. Is able to organize, administrate, and see multiple projects to completion, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to identify, recruit, develop, and oversee leaders. Has passion and skill for leading people. Is a good communicator.
- Has the ability to plan and strategize to achieve a vision in an efficient manner. Takes initiative and possesses drive.
- Is dependable and servant-hearted; will do any job with joy and passion.
- 40 hrs/week
- Flexible schedule, Sundays and occasional evenings
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 9322 ]